Announcements – January 19, 2017 –AM
- BP Gamer has been canceled this afternoon. Regular meetings will resume in second semester
- Did you ever wonder who takes the pictures and writes the stories for the yearbook? The students in the photojournalism class do an amazing job each year creating a book that will last a lifetime. If you would like to be a part of creating the yearbook, sign up for photojournalism.
- Gymnastics practice will be from 3:00 – 4:30 TODAY (Jan. 19)
- There will be Girls Lacrosse pre-season conditioning today on the band field from 3-4:30pm. Please have all rides here by 4:45pm. See you there!
- The Key Club will meet at 2:30 in Room 220 today, Jan. 19
- SAT PREP CLASSES – Today, 2:30 – 4:30– meet Mr. Reynolds in Room 216 - This is a great way to prepare for the upcoming SAT
- Student-Athletes, National Signing Day is February 1. If you have been offered a position to play at the college level and have accepted this position. Please see Karen Miller in the Activities and Athletics office before January 27th if you would like to be part of our Signing Day celebration
- Attention Juniors! Boy/Girls State is a comprehensive, week-long, all expenses paid seminar in state and local government for students who possess leadership, good character, a positive attitude, strong academics and community service . This once in a lifetime experience is a a great deal of fun and hard work. Please see Dr. Bridges in Counseling for an application
- PTSO scholarship info – Reminder Seniors!! You must join the PTSO by January 31 to be eligible to apply for the senior PTSO scholarship. Download a membership form from the PTSO page on the BPHS WEBSITE AND SEND IN WITH YOUR PAYMENT BY Jan. 31
Free SAT Prep Class
January 17, 18, and 19
Although the SAT prep class provides test-taking strategies for the entire test, two hours of testing strategies and skill development are designated for each of the following:
- Tuesday's class focuses on reading
- Wednesday's class focuses on writing and language
- Thursday's class focuses on the essay
Parents are encouraged to use the ParentVue link (scroll up to the Students and Parents tab to find the link) to register for the parent portal. To register for the first time, parents must receive an activation key from counseling. Once registered, parents are able to view their child’s class schedule, courses, attendance, real-time grades, teacher classroom pages, and report cards. Teacher classroom pages are new this year, so be sure to check out the resources listed for each of your child's classes.