Announcements – March 24
- I would like to congratulate all my orchestra students who performed at the District 15 Orchestra Assessment event yesterday at Spotsylvania High School. The Symphonic Concert Orchestra received 2 II's and 2 I's for an overall rating of Excellent. The Chamber Sinfonia received straight I's for an overall rating of Superior.
- Mar 24 - We wish to inform you that this Friday, March 24th will be Ms. Bailey’s last day as a school counselor here at Brooke Point. In Ms. Bailey’s own words she said “It has been both a joy and an honor to work with the students, parents, faculty, and staff here at Brooke Point. The strong sense of community and work ethic exhibited by the students shows the grace and excellence that defines what being a Black-Hawk is all about. Thank you for letting me be a part of it. Good luck to each and every one of my students. I wish you all nothing but the best.”
- Mar 29 - A representative from the Richmond Electricians' Joint Apprenticeship and Training Center will be here during block 4 on Wednesday, March 29. Mr. Gary Duff, a licensed electrician, will describe how high school graduates can get a paying job that comes with paid training. Electricians have excellent employment prospects and wages. This is great for students who don't think college is their best option. Please sign up in counseling.
- Apr 5 - The next meeting of the BPHS Buddy Club will be Wednesday, April 5 from 2:30PM - 4:00PM.
- Apr 13 - Attention Juniors and Seniors interested in taking the ASVAB military entrance exam to be given during school hours on April 13. Sign ups begin today in counseling and will continue until the first 50 slots are filled. There will also be an after school study session on March 23 for the first 30 who sign up.
Parents are encouraged to use the ParentVue link (scroll up to the Students and Parents tab to find the link) to register for the parent portal. To register for the first time, parents must receive an activation key from counseling. Once registered, parents are able to view their child’s class schedule, courses, attendance, real-time grades, teacher classroom pages, and report cards. Teacher classroom pages are new this year, so be sure to check out the resources listed for each of your child's classes.