Stafford County

Public Schools

Inspire. Empower. Excel.

Select a School Icon
Select a School
Decrotive Arrow
  • teachinspiremotivate

    NEW PROCEDURES - All colleges/universities must have signed a Stafford County Public Schools Memo of Understanding (SCPS MOU) before submitting a request form.   Click here to view the current colleges and universities that have a signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with SCPS

    NEW for 2016 - 2017 School Year:  Wanda McAndrews is now the coordinator for all Classroom Clinical Placements.  You can contact Wanda McAndrews at (540) 658-6561 or by email at

    The Department of Students Services will now be placing all school counseling, school social worker, school psychologist, nurses, O.T., P.T. and speech pathologist.  The new request forms are available in the Student Services Clinical Placement box located on the right hand side of this web page.  If you have any questions regarding these placements, please contact Carol Leventhal at (540) 658-6505 or you can email her at




    Welcome to Stafford County Public Schools’ Classroom field/practicum/student teaching and Student Services’ practicum/internships website!  Our goal is to provide each future classroom teacher and Student Services provider the opportunity to work and learn from highly qualified teachers, staff members, and administrators.  Below are some frequently asked questions and answers regarding required paper work and the on-boarding process with SCPS Human Resources Department.

    Question:  “Can I call a school or staff member and set up my own placement?”

    Answer:  No, SCPS only places students on the request of their college/university.  Please contact your field placement office or your professor and have them submit a request form(s) via the online forms found on this webpage for your correct placement type.

    Question:  “I have already filled out the VA Department of Social Services Central Registry Release of Information Form for my college/university.  Do I need to fill this form out again for SCPS?”

    Answer:  Yes

    Question:  “I have already had a TB test/screening done at my school.  Do I need to have another TB test/screening done for SCPS?”

    Answer:  If you have a current TB test/screening less than one (1) year old, then you do not have to have the test/screening done again.  However, SCPS requires that you supply a copy of the current TB test/screening and submit it to the Human Resources Department at the time you are finger printed.

    Question:  “When should I contact my cooperating administrator, teacher, or cooperating staff member?”

    Answer:  Before contacting your cooperating administrator, teacher or staff member please ensure that you have completed and submitted all items in the on-line orientation and have been fingerprinted.  These forms are required for compliance with federal, state, and local regulations surrounding your placement with Stafford County Public Schools.  Failure to complete these forms before you contact your cooperating administrator, teacher, or staff member may cause a delay in your ability to start your placement or may lead to the cancelation of your placement or your grade being withheld by your college/university until you have completed and submitted the required paperwork.

    Question:  “Will I be notified that my back ground checks have been returned and there are no issues?”

    Answer:  SCPS does not notify the college/university or the student that the background checks have been completed and have been returned with no issues.  If there is an issue with one of the background checks, an email will be sent to your college/university requesting that you contact Wanda McAndrews at (540) 658-6561 as soon as possible.

    Question:  “I was not able to finish my hours by the date that was given by my college/university on the request form.  Can I continue my placement with my cooperating teacher or staff member?”

    Answer:   You may continue your placement only after you have received permission from your college/university.  Your college/university must then contact SCPS and request a continuation of your placement.  If you need to continue a classroom practicum/student teaching placement, please have your college/university email Wanda McAndrews at  For Student Services practicum/internships please have your college/university email Carol Leventhal at

    Question:  “If I have already been assigned to a cooperating teacher or staff member during a semester, and I need another placement during the same semester or for the following semester do I need to have my college/university submit another request form?”

    Answer:  Yes, your college/university needs to submit a request form for each placement you need.

    Question:  “I am a returning college/university student from the previous year.  Do I need to complete the required paper work and be finger printed again?”

    Answer:  If you are a returning student from the previous school year, you do not need to complete the paper work or be finger printed again.  However, you need to contact Wanda McAndrews at (540) 658-6561 to make sure that your paper work is updated for the new school year.

    Question:  “I am a current employee (i.e. substitute teacher, coach, or para professional), do I have to complete the required paper work and be finger printed again?”

    Answer:   No, please contact Wanda McAndrews at (540) 658-6561 to make sure that your paper work is up to date in the Human Resources department.

    Thank you for visiting our new web page!  If you have any questions that have not been covered above, please feel free to contact Wanda McAndrews at (540) 658-6573 or by email at or Carol Leventhal at (540) 658-6505 or by email at

    We look forward to meeting you!

Cooperating Teachers for Student Teaching and Internships

  • educationowls "You can earn license renewal points for mentoring a practicum/student teacher, or counseling practicum/intern student. Look Below for step by step directions on how to receive your license renewal points in MyLearningPlan (MLP). All activities should be requested by completing the option 6 request form in MLP prior to the start of mentoring a practicum/intern/student teacher. If you have questions on how to log into MLP or about the submission of the SCPS Log form please contact Susan Rutherford in the Human Resources Department."

Resources and Forms


    Part-Time, Temporary, and Substitute Employment - Student Teaching, Internships, and Practicum
    Policy 4604
    Regulation 4604-R

    If you are current employee, including substitute and you have already competed all background checks and have been fingerprinted you are not required to do so again.

    Questions regarding field/practicum and student teaching please contact Wanda McAndrews, SCPS Coordinator of Student Placements, at 540-658-6561.

    Questions regarding Student Services field/practicum or internships please contact Carol Leventhal, SCPS Coordinator of Student Services Placements, at 540-658-6505.