- 2019-2020 YEARBOOK DELIVERY
Hello Black-hawk community,I wanted to send you an update on our yearbooks, especially if you are a senior who purchased a yearbook and may be leaving for school. In full disclosure, the publishing plants closed in early March which meant our book would be submitted and printed later. While it was frustrating, we were also excited because we wanted to incorporate stories about the pandemic and virtual school, also using the extra time to include more students. I was able to include quite a few cap and gown pictures and stories about our virtual spirit week, which I think really makes this book unique. Due to various reasons beyond my control, the yearbook delivery date keeps being pushed and is now some time in August. I understand the disappointment some of you may feel, and we ask for your patience and understanding. When the books arrive, we will host a drive-by pick up in small groups. If your whole family has relocated, we will discuss mailing options. If we do return in person to school, they will be distributed to students then. If you have any further questions, please direct them to myself (the yearbook advisor) at cahillsm@staffordschools.
net. Please remember these are unprecedented times and each person responsible for creating the yearbooks has done the best they can with the given circumstances. Our staff is truly excited for you to see the books when they arrive!Best,
- NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY UPDATE:
- The school bookkeeper has set up "online payments" for the graduation stoles up to July 17th. The cost is $23.00. You or your parents can go to the school website to pay for a stole using a bank or credit card if you choose. When we are able to distribute graduation materials you would only need to pick up the item(s) without the worry of trying to pay for it then. After July 17th students will need to pay for the stole (CASH ONLY, EXACT CHANGE) in person during distribution day which has not yet been determined. NHS graduation stoles will be distributed ONLY to eligible students!
- NEW CANDIDATES invitation letters were distributed along with information packets before spring break. The information packets were initially due at the end of March. The packets will not be due until the second week of school when we return in August. Specific dates will be announced the first week of August. A formal induction ceremony will be held after selections have been made by the faculty council.
- Brooke Point HOSA Students had great success at the 1st VIRTUAL Virginia HOSA State Leadership Competitions
Fathiyah Eyiowuawi placed 2nd in Health Career Photography and Kaira Olsen placed 1st in HOSA Happenings (Editor of the HOSA Newsletter). These students chose to compete virtually and demonstrationed hardwork and determination pays off.
Stephanie Hentemann Wins National Honor Society Scholarship
We’re proud to announce that Stephanie Hentemann has been selected as an NHS Scholarship recipient. Stephanie was chosen from nearly 7,000 applicants and will receive a $3,200.00 scholarship toward higher education. Recipients are chosen based on their demonstrated work to support the four pillars of NHS: scholarship, service, leadership, and character. Join us in congratulating Stephanie and her accomplishments!
- Learning Lab Come to Mr. Galluzzi's room after school from 2:30-4:00 PM, Monday-Thursday to get some extra homework help or just for a place to study. If you come after 2:45 PM, make sure you have a pass!
- Academic Team will meet on Mondays and Tuesdays from 2:20 PM - 3:15 PM in Ms. Singh or Mr. Wainwright's room.
- BP Gaming Club Mondays in Mr. Sokoly's room
- Academic Team will meet on Mondays and Tuesdays from 2:20 PM - 3:15 PM in Ms. Singh or Mr. Wainwright's room
- Debate and Forensics will meet on Tuesdays in the library computer lab from 2:30 PM - 3:15 PM
- DECA 3rd Tuesdays 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM in Ms. Rose's room
- Varsity and JV Dance meets 2:45 PM - 5:30 PM in the Commons
Photography Club Meet on Tuesday, Oct. 1 in Ms. Athanasaw's room from 2:20 PM - 3:30 PM. Look on the school website for the meeting's photo prompt.
- Step Team 2:15 PM - 4:00 PM in the parking lot
- Art Club 2nd Wednesdays from 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM.
- Environmental Club will meet the LAST Wednesday of each month from 2:20 PM - 3:30 PM in Ms. Beach's room.
- Equality Club meets every Wednesday morning in Ms. Cover-Tucci's room before school.
- Latin Club in Ms. Hunter's room from 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM unless otherwise announced.
- Model UN in the library from 2:20 PM - 3:00 PM.
- BP Theatre Company 2:20 PM - 3:00 PM in the theatre.
- Chess Club! Meets in Mr. Bailey's room 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM.
- Inspire BP after school in either the library or in Ms. Seaman's room.
- Step Team 2:15 PM - 4:00 PM in the parking lot
- Varsity Dance meets 2:45 PM - 5:30 PM in the Commons; JV Dance 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Varsity Dance meets 2:45 PM - 5:30 PM in the Commons
All juniors and seniors may attend up to 3 visits per year. There are 20 Colleges and Universities who have scheduled visits to come to BPHS. Please come to the Counseling office to sign up and receive a pass to attend. A list of visits is posted on the BPHS website under Counseling and also on the Counseling bulletin board next to the clinic.
Interested Seniors: For an on-site admissions process, a student is visited by an admissions officer at Brooke Point High School for an interview. During the interview or shortly after, the admissions officer reviews the student's application and tells the student that same day if they are accepted.
Behind the Wheel: Do you have your permit and ready to drive? Come by the Driver's Ed Room and get your application to sign up for behind the wheel.
Here are the ParentVue Instructions.
Parents are encouraged to use the ParentVue link (scroll up to the Students and Parents tab to find the link) to register for the parent portal. To register for the first time, parents must receive an activation key from counseling. Once registered, parents are able to view their child’s class schedule, courses, attendance, real-time grades, teacher classroom pages, and report cards. If you are having problems accessing ParentVue, you can click on More Options, then Forgot Password. Enter your email address and a link will be sent so you can reset your password.