Auditions are coming! Auditions are coming!!! Auditions for the VHSL one act play are coming!! YES Competitive theatre is a real thing, and YES BPHS competes every year! If you want to be a part of this exciting show- Auditions are December 10 and 11! See one of the Pink Posters with the title WINGS around the building for details. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Cover-Tucci
Are you a member of BP theatre Company? Do you want to buy a Tshirt? Mrs. Cover-Tucci has plenty left-- Just $17 for standard sizes!!
11/28: PTSO Movie Night. 7:00pm at the Paragon Movie Theater. $9 per ticket to see Ralph Breaks the Internet.
All juniors and seniors may attend up to 3 visits per year. There are 20 Colleges and Universities who have scheduled visits to come to BPHS. Please come to the Counseling office to sign up and receive a pass to attend. A list of visits is posted on the BPHS website under Counseling and also on the Counseling bulletin board next to the clinic.
Interested Seniors: For an on-site admissions process, a student is visited by an admissions officer at Brooke Point High School for an interview. During the interview or shortly after, the admissions officer reviews the student's application and tells the student that same day if they are accepted.
12/04: Virginia Military Institute
12/13: University of Mary Washington On-site Admission
Brooke Point High School Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) Scholarship Application available on Scholarship webpage. Must be a member of the PTSO by Jan 31. Deadline to apply is April 24. This is for BPHS students only and includes a 350-word essay based on the Motto "As One" about the specific changes or suggestions you would make in order to have a positive impact on the future of our school.
All grade Levels can participate in the American Legion High School Oratorical Scholarship Program “A Constitutional Speech Contest”. The competition requires each candidate to give two speeches. The 2018-2019 Post 290 Oratorical Contest will take place on Saturday, December 8, 2018. Registration Deadline is Dec 1. See scholarship page for topic and more info.
Seniors interested in studying cybersecurity. Apply for (ISC)² Quantico Chapter Scholarship. Deadline December 10. Info on scholarship website
- Spirit Club meets after school in Ms. Seaman's room.
- DECA informational meeting for members at 2:30PM in Ms. Rose's room. If your are interested in finding out more about competing of DECA, be sure to attend.
- Forensics/Speech/Debate meetings will be held on Tuesdays after school until 3:30PM in room 212. Please see Mrs. Burdsal or Ms. Killmeyer for more information.
- French Club and National French Honor Society members should plan on attending the after school meeting. Remember to bring your $5 dues.
- Equality Club meets before school at 7:15 AM in Ms. Cover-Tucci's room each Wednesday morning. If matters of LGBTQ equality matter to you, Equality club is the place to be!
- Chess Club meeting Wednesday after school in Mr. Wold's room.
- FCA will meet Wednesdays from 2:30-3:30 p.m. in Ms Fair's room. Anyone interested can attend.
- Environmental Club will meet on Wednesday, October 21, in Ms. Beach's room at 2:15PM. Please have rides here by 3:30PM.
- Fellowship of Christian Athleates will meet after school in Mrs. Caley's room from 2:30PM to 3:30PM. Everyone invited!
- Interact Club after school in room 305. The Interact club, sponsored by the North Stafford Rotary Club, is centered around community service and will offer members and volunteers multiple opportunities throughout the year to serve the local and global community. We are open to everyone and will hold afternoon and morning meetings to accommodate all. So please, give us a chance and let us help you get involved.
- The Spanish Club will meet in Mrs. Caley's room on Thursdays.
- BP Theatre Company meeting on Thursday, November 1st in Ms. Cover-Tucci's room. If you ordered a TSHIRT, please bring your payment to pickup your shirt!
- Safe Space Club will meet in the library on Thursday, November 1st at 2:20PM. A place for teenagers to come together to give and get support and help in handling stress, anxiety, and other common issues facing teenagers today in a healthy way. Hope to see you there!
- Cafe Book Club will meet tomorrow in the library during all lunches.
Behind the Wheel: Do you have your permit and ready to drive? Come by the Driver's Ed Room and get your application to sign up for behind the wheel.
Boys soccer will have conditioning today at 6pm. Please make sure to have rides ready to pick you up at 7pm. Remember, no one is allowed to stay after school until conditioning starts. You must ride the bus home and come back.
Girls Lacrosse conditioning will begin Wednesday, November 28th, in the weight room. If you have any forms for Coach Mosley please feel free to stop by his office.
Girls Tennis Returning players and anyone interested in playing Girls Tennis, there will be a brief meeting in room 230 TODAY at 2:15PM. It will only last about 5 minutes but please plan to attend. If you can not make the meeting, please stop by Rm. 230 and speak with Coach Regan.
Here are the ParentVue Instructions.
Parents are encouraged to use the ParentVue link (scroll up to the Students and Parents tab to find the link) to register for the parent portal. To register for the first time, parents must receive an activation key from counseling. Once registered, parents are able to view their child’s class schedule, courses, attendance, real-time grades, teacher classroom pages, and report cards. Teacher classroom pages are new this year, so be sure to check out the resources listed for each of your child's classes.