Do you want to learn more about the IB Program? Plan to attend one of these virtual IB Information Events! You can learn about pursuing the Full IB Diploma or taking individual IB classes in those subjects you love!Event #1: IB Info Night: Thursday, December 10. Parents and students are invited. We will have two identical sessions. Please pick one! 5:30 - 6:30 OR 7:00 - 8:00. To attend the event use the following links:5:30 session: meet.google.com/zwq-
mzrd-jww7:00 session: meet.google.com/kda- vrxs-novEvent #2: IB Student Town Hall: Wednesday, December 16 from 3:30-4:30.Current 8th-grade students are invited. We encourage students to fill out this form before attending: https://forms.gle/ 5M9eBhX38P84WcQb8To attend the event, use Google Meet code: IBMiddleSchoolTownHallApplication: To access the application form, please use this link: https://forms.gle/ BZVQrptVttfZQwHV9
- Summer Foreign Language Academies: Attention sophomores and juniors who are studying a world language: Have you ever wanted the opportunity to immerse yourself without the expense of traveling overseas? You should consider the Summer Foreign Language Academies where you get three weeks of uninterrupted language experience. If you are interested, please fill out our preliminary application.
Click here to access the form with the preliminary application.
The deadline for completing it is Sunday, November 22nd.
Gymnastics: If you are interested in gymnastics, there will be a virtual interest meeting on Thursday, Nov. 19th at 5:00 p.m.Here's the meeting info: meet.google.com/mdz-
Behind the Wheel: Partners for Safe Teen Drivers meeting. If a student plans to take the Behind the Wheel through Stafford County Public Schools or through a private driving company, the parent and student must attend this Partners for Safe Teen Drivers meeting. In order to be eligible for Behind the Wheel, students must have a valid Virginia's learners permit, passed classroom driver education, and attended the Parent-Teen Driver Meeting. A student will not be allowed to register for Behind the Wheel training without meeting all requirements. Stafford County Schools is committed to working with parents to keep our students safe and reduce teen crashes.To access the Partners for Safe Teen Drivers meeting, click on the link below. The student will need to select "login" at the top right of the page in order to have access to all course content and quizzes. At the end of the course, students will be prompted to fill out a google form for attendance. Students will also be emailed a certificate of completion. If you have any questions, please contact your building's driver education coordinator or behind the wheel instructors.Link for meeting:BPHS: https://staffordschools.
catalog.instructure.com/ courses/bphs-driver-education- partners-for-safe-teen-drivingIf you have any questions please contactKimberly Gaughan ( Behind the Wheel instructor) at firstname.lastname@example.org Desiree Dwyer (Driver's Education Coordinator) at email@example.com
Club Meetings--All Club Meetings are Virtual Until Further Notice.
- Academic Team will meet on Mondays and Tuesdays from 2:20 PM - 3:15 PM in Ms. Singh or Mr. Wainwright's room.
- BP Gaming Club Mondays in Mr. Sokoly's room
- Academic Team will meet on Mondays and Tuesdays from 2:20 PM - 3:15 PM in Ms. Singh or Mr. Wainwright's room
- Debate and Forensics will meet on Tuesdays in the library computer lab from 2:30 PM - 3:15 PM
- DECA 3rd Tuesdays 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM in Ms. Rose's room
- Varsity and JV Dance meets 2:45 PM - 5:30 PM in the Commons
Photography Club Meet on Tuesday, Oct. 1 in Ms. Athanasaw's room from 2:20 PM - 3:30 PM. Look on the school website for the meeting's photo prompt.
- Step Team 2:15 PM - 4:00 PM in the parking lot
- Art Club 2nd Wednesdays from 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM.
- Environmental Club will meet the LAST Wednesday of each month from 2:20 PM - 3:30 PM in Ms. Beach's room.
- Equality Club meets every Wednesday morning in Ms. Cover-Tucci's room before school.
- Latin Club in Ms. Hunter's room from 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM unless otherwise announced.
- Model UN in the library from 2:20 PM - 3:00 PM.
- BP Theatre Company 2:20 PM - 3:00 PM in the theatre.
- Chess Club! Meets in Mr. Bailey's room 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM.
- Inspire BP after school in either the library or in Ms. Seaman's room.
- Step Team 2:15 PM - 4:00 PM in the parking lot
- Varsity Dance meets 2:45 PM - 5:30 PM in the Commons; JV Dance 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Varsity Dance meets 2:45 PM - 5:30 PM in the Commons
All juniors and seniors may attend up to 3 visits per year. There are 20 Colleges and Universities who have scheduled visits to come to BPHS. Please come to the Counseling office to sign up and receive a pass to attend. A list of visits is posted on the BPHS website under Counseling and also on the Counseling bulletin board next to the clinic.
Interested Seniors: For an on-site admissions process, a student is visited by an admissions officer at Brooke Point High School for an interview. During the interview or shortly after, the admissions officer reviews the student's application and tells the student that same day if they are accepted.
Here are the ParentVue Instructions.
Parents are encouraged to use the ParentVue link (scroll up to the Students and Parents tab to find the link) to register for the parent portal. To register for the first time, parents must receive an activation key from counseling. Once registered, parents are able to view their child’s class schedule, courses, attendance, real-time grades, teacher classroom pages, and report cards. If you are having problems accessing ParentVue, you can click on More Options, then Forgot Password. Enter your email address and a link will be sent so you can reset your password.