SHS Indian News
Congratulations to the cast and crew of ORLANDO, named the 2017 VHSL 5A North Regional Theater Champions. Special congratulations to Madeleine Price and Andreus Jordan, who won Best Actress and Best Actor at the regional theater festival. The cast also includes Savannah Ellis, Erin Pugh, Caleb Johnson and Hanley Staley. The team is lead by Assistant Director Annie Fitzgerald. The stage crew includes: Logan Welch Sarah Putka Emma Bathke Kieran Broyan Alexis Byers Aaron Humphrey Stephen Schultz Dalena Le Natalie Mullanaphy Marvin Stearns Lee Storm Diana Bloom Cecelia Howell Acadia Khan Youn Hee Oh Katelyn Rabak Ally Yablonski Benjamin Andrew Nathan Borkowski John Pates Collin Robertson Thomas Newsome
There are a few reminders about graduation and rehearsals that need to be read closely:
- Rehearsals on June 15 and June 16 are mandatory. Students must report to the gymnasium by 8:30 AM and rehearsal is expected to run until noon. If the student is late, he/she will be held after 12:00 PM to help assemble programs. June 15, wear casual, but school appropriate dress. June 16, wear full graduation attire. Please bring clothes you can change into after the panoramic photo so you can be comfortable at the practice.
- Graduation attire consists of the following: Males must wear solid black pants, black socks, solid black tie or solid black bow tie, black dress shoes, and a collared button-down shirt which may be black or white. Females must wear a solid black dress, or skirts and tops (may wear a solid white top), and solid black shoes. Flip flops, boots, and tennis shoes will not be permitted. Because you will be walking on our turf field, please do not wear high heels. Platform shoes and wedges work the best. Seniors may not decorate their diploma cap or gown.
- The graduates must be present and on time for each rehearsal in order to participate in the ceremony. Seniors who are not present for graduation rehearsals must have been cleared ahead of time by the Principal. Seniors will meet in the gymnasium on both days and are to enter through the cafeteria doors to enter the gym. Seniors are not to be in the main part of the school because school is still in session for underclassmen on those days and at those times.
- The senior Panoramic Photo will be taken at the rehearsal on June 16, which is why graduates are dressed in formal graduation attire. Pre-Pay envelopes to order the photo will be sent out two weeks prior to the photo event. They will take orders through June 26, but not after that.
- On June 17, students are not permitted to have cell phones, pagers, or any other electronic device and/or any other contraband on the field during the ceremony. Cell phones and other devices will be locked in the classroom before we leave for the field.
- All debts, fines or fees must be paid in full prior to participating in the ceremony. It is the student’s and parent’s responsibility to check on any possible debts with his/her alpha Administrative Assistant: Ms. Holmes (A through F), Mrs. Kendall (G through N), and Mrs. Ritchey (O through Z). Please don’t wait until the last minute to do so.
- Admission to the graduation ceremony is open to all and seating is on a first come, first served basis.
- In the event of light rain, with no threat of lightning, the ceremony will proceed in the stadium. In the event of heavy rain and/or lightning that will subside later in the day, the ceremony will be delayed in hourly increments: 10:00 AM then 11:00 AM, etc. up until 3:00 PM. A final decision on an inside ceremony will be made after 3:00 PM. In the unlikely event that the graduation ceremony will be moved indoors, the ceremony will take place in the gymnasium of Stafford High School at 7:00 PM on Saturday, June 17, 2016. There will be a limited number of seats available due to the gymnasium being a smaller venue. We apologize ahead of time for this in the event of a postponement. We ask that you prepare your family members in this event as some family members may not be allowed to participate in the ceremony because of limited seating. If it is determined that the ceremony will be delayed or take place inside, an announcement will be made on our school website.
- In the event of a graduate not taking part in the commencement ceremony, diplomas may be picked up in guidance beginningTuesday, June 20.
There are a few reminders and notices about graduation parking and the ceremony:
- The stadium parking lot will be used only for handicapped parking. These cars must display the proper decal.
- There will not be any RVs (Recreational Vehicles) or motor homes allowed and/or parked on school property.
- There will be no tailgating before, during, or after the commencement ceremony.
- All Parent/Guest Parking will be at Leeland Station Commuter Lot (see map). There will be buses to transport parents/guests to the stadium running at ten minute intervals or when full.
- The path from the school to the stadium will be blocked to all family or guests during the processional beginning at 7:30 AM.
- A reminder that Stafford High School and all Stafford County Public School Buildings, including the stadium, are tobacco and alcohol free zones. Therefore, smoking, including e-cigarettes/Vapes, and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Students are not to have any physical contact with any individuals from the moment the processional begins until after the recessional is concluded at the high school. The students will then report to their assigned classrooms to receive their diploma.
- Parents and guests who would like to take pictures of the graduates receiving their diploma will be provided a walk-through area on the field. Each graduate will receive a “photo ticket” for one family member to enter this area for photographs. We ask that you line up in an orderly fashion, take a picture of your graduate, and then exit the area so that other parents and guests can take pictures of their graduates. Please be courteous and respect this request.
- There is a possibility that our Video Technology Department will film and record the ceremony. If they do, you would be able to purchase a copy. We will get more information to you on this at a later date.
- At no time, before, during, or after the ceremony, should anyone be on the field with graduates. This will be enforced.
- Parents are asked to remain outside the school building after the ceremony. This is to help with reducing congestion for graduates obtaining their diploma. Pictures by parents, family, and friends should be taken outside the building.
- The Stafford County Sheriff’s Department will be on hand before and after the graduation ceremony to direct traffic for a safe and efficient entrance and exit to and from the school grounds.
I want to reiterate the need to plan ahead for travel for the start of the ceremony, so that you are present for the entire ceremony. In the past we’ve experienced a heavy volume of traffic on the surrounding roads, and this has caused some family members to miss part or all of the ceremony.
Final Exam Schedule
Senior Scholarship Night Change
Please note that our Stafford High School Senior Scholarship Night has been moved from Tuesday, May 23rd to Monday, May 22nd. The reception will begin at 6:00 PM, and the program will begin at 7:00 PM.
AP Exam Schedule
Graduation Start Time
This year's Graduation Ceremony at Stafford High School will begin at 8:00 AM instead of our usual 8:30. Please make note in your calendars.
SHS Choir Fall Performance
Viewing Grades and Class Information
This year, all grades, schedule, and class information can be found through our Synergy Parent and Student VUE sites (linked above in our quick links). Students who do not already have an active account can request this information from their Guidance Counselor. Parents who do not already have an active account can request this information from our Data Processor, Mrs. Wendy Guthrie. If you already have an account but have forgotten your password, simply choose the "forgot password" link from Parent or Student VUE.