Report Card & Grading Scale
Elementary: Standards-based Grading and Reporting
Report Cards Kindergarten - 5 Kindergarten (pdf)
Reporte de Calificación Grado K (pdf)
Grades 1-3 (pdf)
Reporte de Calificación Grados Uno-Tres (pdf)
Grades 4-5 (pdf)
Reporte de Calificación Grados Cuatro-Cinco (pdf)
Academic Code: 4 = Exceeds standards3=Meets standards2=Works toward standards1=Performs below standards Explanation of Academic Code and Standards Kindergarten Standards Grade 3 Standards Grade 1 Standards Grade 4 Standards Grade 2 Standards Grade 5 Standards
Secondary: Grading Scale and Reporting Information6-12 Grading ScaleRangeQuality Pts.A+98-1004.5A93-974.25A-90-924.0B+87-893.5B83-863.25B-80-823.0C+77-792.5C73-762.25C-70-722.0D+67-691.5D63-661.25D-60-621.0F0-590
DEFINITION OF THE GRADING SCALE (see chart above):
- Each letter grade will consist of a 10-point range.
- Each letter grade will include a low, middle, and high grade.
- A plus (+) and a minus (-) will be assigned to the high and low end of each letter grade range.
WEIGHTING OF COLLEGE-LEVEL COURSES:
- College-level courses (AP, IB, and DE) will continue to carry an additional 1.0 quality point. Only those dual-enrollment academic core courses that are equivalent to two semesters of college credit will be awarded 1.0 quality points.
GRADE POINT AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS AND RECOGNITION:
TRANSCRIBING GRADES FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS:
- The minimum eligibility requirement for NHS is 3.8.
- The honor graduates GPA is 3.8, and the distinguished honors graduate GPA is 4.0.
- The GPA eligibility for Summa Cum Laude division-level recognition is 4.25.
Stafford County Public Schools recognizes that different school districts and different states utilize different grading scales. As students transfer to Stafford County Public Schools, official transcripts are requested from the sending school. Grades are transcribed for transfer students based on the letter grade earned at the previous school. This letter grade for the transfer student is used to calculate the grade point average based on the Stafford County Public Schools’ quality point scale that is applicable. It should be noted, that Stafford County Public Schools does not weight all courses. Transfer students will receive weighted credit for only those Advanced Placement, Dual Enrollment or IB courses previously taken for which an equivalent weighted course is offered in our schools.