Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Emmy Lieser
10 Things to Know About Mrs. Lieser
1. I have two amazing children! My daughter is starting ninth grade this year at Colonial Forge, and my son will be in third grade at Grafton Village. Go Grizzlies!
2. I am from Northeastern Pennsylvania but moved to Virginia 18 years ago with my husband.
3. I love to read! I am always reading a book (or two). In fact, I have to read every night in order to fall asleep.
4. My favorite book from when I was in elementary school was From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg. Imagine living inside of a museum!
5. One of my favorite parts of being a librarian is getting to know my students and helping them find wonderful books they can't wait to read!
6. I have two fur babies, Toby and Westie. Toby is a basset hound puppy, and Westie is a shih-tzu. If you like dogs, check out 636.7 in the non-fiction section.
7. I am super excited to build the Makerspace with you! I am a true maker at heart, and I always seem to be involved in some type of project that challenges my creativity and thinking skills.
8. I have been a Destination Imagination coach for the past four years. We have done structural, service learning, and improv challenges.
9. My favorite season is fall. I love everything pumpkin or cinnamon flavored.
10. I cannot wait to see all of your smiling faces in the library this year!!
Meet Mrs. Smith
Welcome to the library! I joined the Grizzly family in 1999, so I have watched a lot of Cubs grow their love of reading over the years!
Let me share a little bit about myself:
I grew up in Northern Illinois with my brother and sister, so of course, the Chicago Cubs are my favorite team.
I have been married to my husband, Rob, for 33 years. We spent 23 years in the United States Air Force and lived in many different places. We were fortunate enough to spend four years stationed in Germany and enjoyed our many travels through Eurpoe!
We have one daughter, Nina, who graduated from Colonial Forge High School in 2003. She is married and has blessed us with two beautiful grandchildren who are the light of our life! Addison is five and will start Kindergarten in Spotsylvania County this fall! Trey is 2 1/2 and is a delightful bundle of curly haired mischief!
I love to read, and my favorite book as a child was Charlotte's Web. It was the first chapter book I read in the 3rd grade! In addition to reading, I love all things Pug, working in my yard, taking long walks, and spending time with my family and friends.
I look forward to meeting you in the library!