Sideline and Competition Cheer
Degrees and Certifications:
Head Coach Marga Hodge
Brooke Point Varsity and Competition Assistant Coach 2017-2018
Brooke Point Head Cheerleading Coach October 2018-Currently
Conditioning is optional, but encouraged.View the calender below for dates and times
Mandatory tryout clinic dates:
1. Athletes must be a current or an upcoming full-time Brooke Point High School student in good standing at the time of tryouts. Full time is defined as enrolled in 5 classes or their equivalent each semester.
2. Students must possess and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA with passing grades in at least 5 subjects.
3. Students must have a current VHSL physical on file (dated May 1, 2022 or after).
4. Students must have the cheer tryout packet completed in its entirety with all forms attached and turned in before participating.
5. Rising grades 9-12 will be eligible for the Varsity squad.
6. Rising grades 9-11 will be eligible for Junior Varsity.
The following attire is required for both mandatory tryout clinic days and for the tryout day.
- Plain white T-shirt (no logos of any kind - no inside-out shirts)
- Black cheer shorts with black spandex shorts underneath (such as cheer boy shorts or NikePro style shorts) or just black spandex shorts.
- Sports bra for females
- Athletic shoes (cheer shoes suggested, but not required)
- White no show socks
- Hair pulled back tightly off of face and shoulders. (Bows for females are encouraged, but not required), no bangs.
- If makeup is worn, please keep it minimal
- No jewelry of any kind is permitted
- Assigned number must be attached to clothing on all tryout days
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT COACH HODGE AT: Bphscheercoaches@gmail.com