Sideline and Competition Cheer
Degrees and Certifications:
Head Coach Marga Hodge
JV Head Coach:
2019-2020 TRYOUT INFORMATIONCONDITIONING:
Conditioning is optional, but encouraged. Conditioning will be held in BPHS Aux gym beginning March 18th, 2019.
Mandatory tryout clinic dates: Tuesday, May 14th, 2019 - 3:30pm-6pm, Wednesday, May 15th, 2019 - 3:30-6pm and Thursday, May 16th - 3:30-6pm. This is where you will learn the cheer, chants, and dance you will be performing in front of the judges at tryouts. Meet in auxiliary gym.
Tryout day: Friday, May 17th, 2019 beginning at 4pm. Meet in auxiliary gym no later than 3:30pm (gym will be open at 2:30pm). Tryouts will be held in main gym.
1. Student must be a current or an upcoming full time Brooke Point High School student in good standing at the time of tryouts. Full time is defined as enrolled in 5 classes or their equivalent each semester.
2. Student must posses and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA with passing grades in at least 5 subjects.
3. Student must have a current VHSL physical on file dated on or after May 1, 2018.
4. Students must have the cheer tryout packet complete in its entirety with all forms attached and turned in by May 8th, 2019.
5. Rising grades 9-12 will be eligible for the varsity squad.
6. Rising grades 9-11 will be eligible for JV.
The following attire is required for both mandatory tryout clinic days and for the tryout day.
- Plain white T-shirt (no logos of any kind - no inside out shirts)
- Black cheer shorts with black spandex shorts underneath (such as cheer boy shorts or NikePro style shorts)
- Sports bra for females
- Athletic shoes (cheer shoes suggested, but not required)
- White socks
- Hair pulled back tightly off of face and shoulders. (Bows for females are encouraged, but not required)
- If makeup is worn, please keep it minimal
- No jewelry of any kind is permitted
- Assigned number must be attached to clothing on all tryout days
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT COACH HODGE AT: Bphscheercoaches@gmail.com
COMPETITION CHEERLEADING CONDITIONING BEGINS JUNE 18TH AT 12PM!
If you are interested in trying out for the 2019-2020 BPHS competition cheerleading squad, you are encouraged to attend conditioning! Conditioning dates for competition season will be posted soon.
You must have a current VHSL Physical, dated on or after May 1, 2019, on file to participate.
Please contact Coach Hodge with any questions at: Bphscheercoaches@gmail.com
The MANDATORY meeting for the 2019-20 cheerleaders and their parents/legal guardians will be held on May 20, 2019 at 7pm at BPHS in Commons #1. Deposits of $250 must be made on this date.
Please email with any questions: email@example.com