MAP Math Benchmark Tests
- What is MAP?
- MAP stands for Measure of Academic Progress. It is a computerized adaptive test that helps teachers, parents, and administrators improve learning for all students and make informed decisions to promote a child's academic growth.
- How long is the test?
- The test takes about 60-90 minutes to complete.
- Do I need paper and a pencil?
- Yes - you need paper and pencil to work out problems before submitting your answer. You cannot go back and change an answer, so writing down the problem and solving it will help. Plus, this is a better technique than doing mental math / solving problems in your head.
- Do I need a calculator?
- No - MAP has a built-in calculator on the problems you are allowed to use a calculator on. NOTE: Not all problems let you use a calculator.
- Does everyone take this test?
- Yes - everyone in Stafford County Public Schools takes this test. This test is given 3 times a year to measure your growth in math.
If you have questions or concerns about your student's MAP test results, please contact their individual math teacher.