Non Employee Student Transfer Process
The in-county student transfer window for the 2022-23 school year closed on July 8, 2022.
NON-EMPLOYEE STUDENT TRANSFERS
How to Apply:
2022-23 School Year: After-the-Deadline applications may be considered for the following extenuating circumstances:
- An unexpected change required for Child Care arrangements (document situation and why daycare is not available in your zone)- Attached Child Care Verification Form
- Specific medical, emotional or adjustive needs - Attach professional documentation from doctors, psychologists, etc.
- A family move within the division occurs due to circumstances such as foreclosure, death of a family member, job loss, etc.
- A family relocates to Stafford County after the deadline and needs to transfer for child care (document why daycare was not available in attendance zone - attach Child Care Verification Form), curricular program, etc.
- Situations involving bullying or the student is the victim of a violent crime
- The placement of a sibling in a school for special ed. services and the parent requests to place all children in the same school
- Other extenuating circumstances (extreme family hardships)
Please contact the school you wish your child to attend. The schools will review your situation and provide you with a transfer form if your request meets the criteria.
Note: Transfer requests to the closed schools will be denied.
Note: Stafford County Public Schools does not provide transportation for students attending schools on an approved transfer.