Common Gang Symbols and Dress Code
Common Gang Symbols Used In Graffiti/Tattoos
- Hooded Figures
- Rabbit’s Heads
- Devil’s Head
- Top Hats
- Knight’s Helmets
- Snakes Shotguns
- Crescent Moons
- Dollar Signs
- The number 7
Gang Dress Code
This list is for both males and females, but is not limited to gangs; many are just fads. Gang members mainly dress in 2-3 colors.
- Hats and baseball caps with certain names and initials of gang, worn backwards, tilted, certain colors, etc.
- Bandanas worn around arms, legs, head, or out of pocket.
- “New Wave Star” sheet/shirt worn over hair and hangs down the back.
- Hair, facial hair, and eyebrows shaved, shaved symbols, color streaking, comb placement.
- Professional sport team jackets sometimes reversed, names, initials, or logos the same as the gang, baggy or combat-style clothing, sweatshirts layered in colors, sweaters gang name, symbols, colors, T-shirts with gang symbols.
- Colored fabric inside pants pockets. Pant legs or shirt cuffs rolled up, certain leg, certain arm, gang’s colors.
- Pagers, cellular phones.
- Belt buckles custom made or with gang initials, worn on certain side of pants.
- Gym shoes, certain name brands, same initials of gang, shoe or roller skate laces tied on a certain side or color combinations.
- Gloves, fingers cut out or worn on a certain hand.
- Fingernails with 2 nails painted gang colors on presenting hand.
- Tattoos and branding of gang symbols.
- Business cards or school I.D. with gang name, colors, turf, etc.
- Jewelry with symbols for the gang, earrings in specific ear, color, or number, excessive amount of gold jewelry, teeth, friendship beads, jelly bracelets, Claddagh rings.