Welcome to the Hartwood Health Services web page!
Sometimes it is very hard to know if your child should stay home. Asking the following 4 questions may help to determine:
- Is it in my child's best health interest to stay home and rest in order to recover from whatever he/she has?
- Is my child contagious and can he/she cause other children to become sick, especially children who might be especially susceptible to getting sick?
- Is my child capable of going to school and learning today or is he/she feeling too bad to concentrate on his/her work?
- Am I giving him medicine that keeps him comfortable but symptoms come back and I have to give him more medicine? Has it been at least 2 days after my student started antibiotics?
- Viruses and bacterial infections are very contagious. If your child is sick the night before or in the morning, please do not send them to school. The best thing for your child is rest and fluids. This will potentially give their bodies what they need to heal faster and increase their resistance to other illnesses that may be in the classroom.
Please keep your child home if they have had any of these symptoms in the last 24 hours:
Fever greater than 100
Vomiting and/or diarrhea (with or without fever)
Conjuctivitis (pink eye with drainage)
Nasal drainage with green/yellow discharge
Sore throats suspected to be Strep throat.
Live head lice- please return after treatment and removal of nits
Some basic information:
If your child requires ANY medication during the school hours, you must complete a medication request form and have it signed by a physician. This includes over the counter medication and cough drops. This must be done annually per Stafford county policy. For your child’s protection and according to the law, please do not send medication to school with your child.
Please provide clinic with all emergency medications with docotr orders in addition to making sure all contact numbers are updated and in the front office. The cafeteria is not able to recognize food allergies without a current doctor order.
The clinic uses the following supplies to treat your children. If your child can not be exposed to any these items, please contact me immediately.
Isopropyl/Alcohol First Aid Cream Bactine Latex Free Gloves
Caladryl Vaseline Latex Free Bandages
Isotonic Eye Wash Red Throat Spray Ice Pack Warm compress
Triple Antibiotic Warm Salt Water