The Stafford Players is the extracurricular theater group for Stafford High School.
It includes Theater Club and the International Thespian Society, and produces several plays throughout the year.
For specific information on current and upcoming productions, scroll to the bottom of the page, below the calendar.
ACTOR’S NIGHTMARE Cast List (updated 12/20/20)
George Spelvin: Austin Cox
Meg: Gwen Ware
Sarah Siddons: Jenna Johnson
Ellen Terry: McKenna Stine
Henry Irving: Nathan Davis
Thank you to all who auditioned!
The 2020-21 VHSL One-Act Competition Play
- The play will be rehearsed both virtually via Google Meet and live, in-person, in the theater at Stafford High School.
- It will be performed on stage at Stafford High School, recorded, and submitted to the VHSL Theater Festival.
- There will be no travel for this show, and there will be no live audience. The performance will occur via video only.
- Students will be expected to work on the script independently over winter break, and then attend after school virtual rehearsals in January. We will transition to in-person rehearsals at Stafford HS in February.
- Students who are cast will be expected to be flexible regarding what has become a fluid, often changing situation. Rehearsals may range from one to two days a week for 60-90 minutes a day, to five days a week for up to 150 minutes a day.
- All SCPS and Virginia health and safety precautions will be strictly observed, including - but not limited to - the wearing of masks and social distancing.
- In the event that either Virginia or Stafford County regulations and/or guidance changes regarding in-person activities, we will adjust accordingly.
The time commitment includes the following:
- December: Independent character work. (Actors will work on their own at home.)
- January: Virtual rehearsals.
- February: Virtual and in-person rehearsals.
- March: In-person rehearsals and recording.
- Note: The video recording of the play must be submitted by April 10. Students involved in this show may be working on it up until that time.
DEADLINE for submission of AUDITION VIDEO and AUDITION FORM: TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8 at 9pm. (The cast will be announced on Thursday, December 10.)
Students who wish to audition should do the following:
- Read the SYNOPSIS AND CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS
- See the AUDITION REQUIREMENTS and AUDITION MATERIAL, and rehearse and record their audition video.
- Complete the AUDITION FORM. You will submit your audition video as part of completing this form.
You can also read EXCERPTS FROM THE SCRIPT.
THEATER CLUB WILL RESUME IN JANUARY
Upcoming Theater Club Meetings: (TBA)
Google Meet Code: staffordplayers
Watch here for upcoming information about the Stafford Players 2020-21 Season!!!
The Stafford Players Files (Audition Materials, Forms, Information etc.)
The EMBEDDED Stafford Players Google Calendar
Access our Google Calendar from any web browser:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=thestaffordplayers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_YorkSubscribe to our Google Calendar (copy & paste this into any calendar application that supports iCal):
Stafford High School International Thespian Society Graduation Honor Cord Policy
In order to be eligible for a Thespian Graduation Honor Cord, a student must be a member of the International Thespian Society AND participate in at leat one Stafford High School Theater production during their senior year. This can include acting in a play/musical, stage crew for a play/musical, house crew for ALL PERFORMANCES of a play/musical, and/or being a member of the improv team.