Mission and Vision: Mathematics
The mission of the Stafford County Public Schools mathematics program is to:
Challenge, engage, and empower all learners to be lifelong mathematical thinkers.
The goals of the Stafford County Public Schools mathematics program are:
- To provide equal access to all students.
- To offer a balanced mathematics instructional program where students are:
- supported in developing fluency with basic skills,
- assisted in constructing an understanding of mathematics concepts and procedures, and
- provided a variety of opportunities to apply concepts to solve meaningful problems.
- To provide teachers with resources, professional learning, and support to stay abreast of the changes in mathematics education and to continue to develop their own understanding of the mathematics they teach.
To continually review and revise the mathematics program based on new developments in mathematics education and on research regarding how students learn.