New Information -
The Crosswalk (Summary of Revisions) for each grade level and course provides a summary of additions, deletions, and edits to the Mathematics Standards of Learning and Mathematics Standards of Learning Curriculum Frameworks. It also provides the 2009 Mathematics Standards of Learning alongside the newly adopted 2016 Mathematics Standards of Learning. It is not intended to be all inclusive. The Mathematics Standards of Learning Curriculum Frameworks provide additional details.
- Grade 1 -
- Grade 2 -
- Grade 3 -
- Grade 4 -
- Grade 5 -
- Grade 6 -
- Grade 7 -
- Grade 8 -
- Algebra I -
- Geometry -
- Algebra II -
Mathematics Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT)
- Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) is part of the Virginia Department of Education’s continuing efforts to improve the testing experience for students. A CAT is an assessment that is customized for every student. How a student responds to a question determines the difficulty of the next item. A correct response leads to a more difficult item, while an incorrect response results in the selection of a less difficult item for the student.
- Most students taking the grade 3 - grade 8 mathematics tests will be administered a computer adaptive version of the Standards of Learning (SOL) test.
Mathematics Test Blueprints for Grades 3 - 8
- Grade 3 Mathematics Test Blueprint (PDF)
- Grade 4 Mathematics Test Blueprint (PDF)
- Grade 5 Mathematics Test Blueprint (PDF)
- Grade 6 Mathematics Test Blueprint (PDF)
- Grade 7 Mathematics Test Blueprint (PDF)
- Grade 8 Mathematics Test Blueprint (PDF)
Plain English Mathematics SOL Test
What is a Plain English Standards of Learning (SOL) Mathematics Test? Plain English versions of the grades 3-8 Mathematics and Algebra I Standards of Learning (SOL) tests contain adaptations on some test items in order to simplify the language. These modifications ensure test items are accessible to eligible Limited English Proficient (LEP) students and to some students with disabilities who have documented significant language impairments. The Plain English versions of the tests have the same rigor, mathematical concepts, and item constructs as the regular SOL Mathematics tests.
Secondary Mathematics Coordinator
Phone: (540) 658-6701
Elementary Mathematics Coordinator
Phone: (540) 658-6674