BPHS PTSO Scholarship Information
Attention Seniors and Families,
The Board of the BPHS PTSO hopes that you and your families are safe and well. We know that the cancellation of the academic year is a great disappointment to the Class of 2020.
The PTSO is still accepting applications for the BPHS PTSO Senior Scholarships that has been advertised all year. As a member of the PTSO, your senior student may apply for this scholarship. We have extended the deadline to April 10, 2020. The counseling office has told us there are no submitted applications at the school.
The PTSO Scholarship is available to any BPHS Senior who:
- is in good standing with the school
- was a PTSO member by 3pm, Friday, January 31, 2020**
- is graduating in the current school year
- is pursuing a 2 or 4 -year degree, or trade/vocational education
- Submits a completed scholarship application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm on Friday, April 10, 2020
- No late applications will be accepted.
- The applicant’s name should appear only on the cover sheet.
- The Stafford County Public School Honor Code is applicable.
- All applications will be reviewed anonymously by an independent panel of judges.
- Scholarships will be awarded in amounts up to $1000, depending on availability of funds.
- The method of notification is still being finalized. Recipients will be notified in May 2020.
- The PTSO Scholarships are paid directly to the institution of higher learning, upon verification of eligibility.
- Cover Sheet – Include student’s name, email address and phone number. The cover sheet is the only page upon which the student’s name should appear.
- Essay - Answer the following question in approximately 350 words. See the attached rubric for judging criteria. Submissions must be your own thoughts, words, and effort without discussion, advice or influence from anyone. Submit your typed essay via email to email@example.com.
Do NOT put your name on any page other than the cover sheet.
- Brooke Point High School’s Motto is “As One.” The PTSO’s goal is to have maximum student involvement in the planning and shaping of the BPHS environment. Given this goal, what specific changes or suggestions would you make in order to have a positive impact on the future of our school?
We look forward to awarding the scholarships to worthy seniors soon.