BPHS PTSO Scholarship Information
Attention Seniors and Families,
The PTSO is currently accepting applications for the BPHS PTSO Senior Scholarship. The BPHS PTSO awards scholarships to seniors each year. Information on how to apply as well as the application itself are on this page at the bottom under Scholarship Files below.
The BPHS PTSO Scholarship is made possible by the fundraising efforts and donations of the Brooke Point High School PTSO and its members. As a member of the PTSO, your senior student may apply for this scholarship. The application deadline is 3pm on Friday, March 24, 2023.
The PTSO Scholarship is available to any BPHS Senior who:
- is in good standing with the school.
- is a PTSO member by 3pm, Tuesday, January 31, 2023**
- is graduating in the current school year
- is pursuing a 2 or 4-year degree, or trade/vocational education
- Submits a completed scholarship application via email email@example.com by the deadline, which is 3pm on Friday, March 24, 2023.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- The applicant’s name and email address should appear only on the cover sheet.
- The Stafford County Public School Honor Code is applicable.
- All applications will be reviewed anonymously by an independent panel of judges.
- Scholarships will be awarded in amounts up to $1000, depending on availability of funds.
- Scholarship winners will be announced at Senior Awards Night.
- The PTSO Scholarships are paid directly to the institution of higher learning, upon verification of eligibility.
**The PTSO membership application is available on the BPHS website.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit a cover sheet and essay as detailed below.
1. Cover Sheet – should include your name, phone number, and school email address.
2. Essay - Answer the Essay Prompt in approximately 350 words. See the rubric on Page 2 for judging criteria. Submissions must be your own thoughts, words, and effort without discussion, advice, or influence from anyone. Do NOT put your name on any page other than the cover sheet.
Brooke Point High School's motto is: "As One." Reflecting on your time as a Black Hawk, how have you see that motto in action? Looking back, is there anything you might have done differently to enhance the "As One" spirit? What specific suggestions would you make to the PTSO or the administration that would enhance the community so that at the end of four years, every Black Hawk agreed that the community soars "As One"?
3. Submission: Submit your Cover Sheet and Essay as a pdf document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3pm on Friday, March 24, 2023.