If you are interested in service hours to stay current in your Mu Alpha Theta membership or you would like to help your peers, please contact our president or Mrs. Rogers in room 206. Use the link below to sign up. National Honor Society members are also encouraged to sign up!
The CFHS Math Honor Society
The Purpose of Mu Alpha Theta
Mu Alpha Theta, the National High School and Two-Year College Mathematics Honor Society, was formed in 1957 at the University of Oklahoma. We are dedicated to inspiring a keen interest in mathematics, developing strong scholarship in the subject, and promoting the enjoyment of mathematics in high school and two-year college students. As of June 2017, more than 110,000 students are Mu Alpha Theta members at more than 2,400 schools in the United States and in 20 foreign countries.
Mu Alpha Theta:
- Allows members to tutor their peers Tuesdays and Thursdays after school in room 201.
- Provides a method for schools to recognize and encourage students who enjoy and excel in mathematics.
- Our main chapter organizes a national convention for students and teachers to participate in math-related events and interact with others from across the country.
- Rewards outstanding extracurricular achievement by offering special awards, scholarships, and grants to students and their faculty advisers.
- Provides mathematics competitions to participating members at their own school through the Log1 Contest, Rocket City Math League and the Mathematical Minutes Video Contest.
Location: Room 206 in Mrs. Roger's room.
Contact Information: email Mrs. Rogers at email@example.com
Meeting Times: Second Tuesdays of the month.
Tutoring Tuesdays/Thursdays: Open to all in room 206 with available peer tutors.