ESOL VISION STATEMENT
The English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program works to ensure equal educational access for English Learners and their families. By recognizing that all stakeholders (students, parents, educators, community members, etc.) share the responsibility of ensuring that English learners develop linguistic, cognitive, and academic skills to become competitive citizens of our society, students whose first language is not English participate in academically challenging programs that respect and build upon the unique cultural and linguistic attributes they bring to the learning community.
To achieve this vision, we strive to provide effective programs that:
- comply with state and federal laws
- function in unison with all other educational endeavors
- include outreach to the community in order to benefit students, improve instruction, and strengthen collaboration
- educate English learners to the same standard of excellence as all other students
- embrace, respect, and build upon the unique cultural and linguistic characteristics students and families bring to the learning community
Please use this page to find links to resources, educational games, and activities to help enhance English language learning. I can be a great resource for students as well as parents who need assistance with learning English. Please feel free to email me with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Fun games for ESOL students
This link includes read-alouds, pronunciation practice, vocabulary practice....SO FUN!