The school division uses a variety of sources of information to determine whether to close schools, delay the opening of schools, or dismiss schools early. These sources include physical inspection of the roads and school conditions by Stafford County Public School employees, physical inspection of roads by the school division Inclement Weather Team, the Sheriff’s Office Dispatch Center, the Stafford County Department of Emergency Management, independent reports from the Virginia Department of Transportation, National Weather Service, Accu-Weather, and the news media.
The most severe weather conditions existing within the county are used as the basic criteria for the decision-making process. Consistent procedures are maintained in order to respond quickly to emergency weather conditions and protect the safety and well being of students.
All public schools in Stafford County adhere to similar procedures concerning emergency weather conditions. The decision to change school-operating time is made by the Superintendent of Schools or his designee, and affects all schools within the school division.
If schools are closed or delayed, the announcement is made no later than 5:30 a.m. (or the night before if possible).
Just In Time Disaster Training Library Individuals with Disabilities Section
The Individuals with Disabilities Section of the Just In Time Disaster Training Library has been up-dated with additional videos..
The section below contains preparedness videos on the following subjects:
- Cyclone Preparedness for People with Disabilities
- Disaster Preparedness for Dialysis Patients
- Disaster Preparedness for Individuals with Disabilities
- Disaster Preparedness for the Hearing Impaired (American Sign Language)
- Fire Safety for Families with Disabled Children
- Home Safety for Families with Disabled Children
- Parents with Access and Functional Needs Children
- Preparedness for People with Disabilities and Functional Needs
- Winter Storm - How to Prepare...
With over 1,700 disaster mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery training videos the library is the most comprehensive, easy to search, FREE internet based source for training curriculum for today's emergency responders.
The library can be accessed at the following web site: www.JustInTimeDisasterTraining.org