The employee transfer window is closed for the 2022-2023 school year. Information about 2023-2024 transfers will be available in January 2023.
Employee Transfer Process
From February 15 through June 18, the Employee Transfer Process is open for full-time teachers and paraprofessionals seeking comparable positions in other SCPS schools for the 2022-23 school year. The Employee Transfer Process utilizes an abbreviated Internal Application that is available through Employee Self-Service, which you can access here. If you are interested in seeking a transfer for next school year, please read below to know what the Employee Internal Application can be used for and how to apply. If you have questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-658-6560.
Who can use the Employee Transfer Process? Full-time contracted teachers and paraprofessionals who are interested in similar positions at other schools. The internal application can be used to apply for identical positions in different schools, or for positions in different content areas or paraprofessional assignments.
Who cannot use the Employee Transfer Process? Administrators, staff in service positions other than paraprofessionals, as well as part-time staff, substitutes, and other temporary employees. Please complete the appropriate full application if you are interested in moving from one of the positions listed in this group.
What if I am applying for a different job class (e.g., paraprofessional applying to become a teacher; teacher applying to become administrator)? Please apply using the existing applications in Munis; the internal application does not work when applying for promotions or other jobs in different job classes than your current role, except in the case of a teacher seeking a move to a paraprofessional position.
If I am interested in a transfer, are there steps I should take before completing the Employee Transfer Process? Before completing the internal application, we strongly encourage staff to speak with their current principal. Doing so gives both parties the opportunity to discuss their interest in transferring, opportunities for remaining at the school, and share an understanding of next steps.
How do I use the Internal Application? The Internal Application is available through Employee Self-Service, which you can access here.
- The log-in tab for ESS is found in the top right corner of the page. Click on the Login icon. You will be prompted to enter your Username (Employee ID #) and Password to enter Employee Self Service (ESS). You must log in to see posted transfer positions. You do not have to log in to the application portal again after you have logged in to ESS.
- Click Employment Opportunities on the left side of the window. All available positions in the school division will be visible as you scroll down the page.
- Positions available for transfers are those with "For Transfer Applicants Only" in the posting.
- Click Apply to complete the internal application for the position for which you want to be considered.
- If you have an application on file in Munis and have completed the PIN migration process, the application will open, and most of your information will auto fill.
- Click on Review Application. Please double check all information for accuracy. The Applicant’s Authorization Statement must be completed.
- If all information is complete and correct, click on Submit Application.
- If you have an application on file in Munis and have not completed the PIN migration process, you will need to enter Employment Opportunities from the website.
- Complete the PIN migration by creating a username, password, verification of your email address, and set up of security questions.
- Log out, and open ESS to access your account.
- If you do not remember your PIN, please contact email@example.com to obtain this. You will receive an error if you try to create a new account.
- Follow the directions above to Review the Application then Submit the Application.
- If you have not completed an application in Munis, you will need to create a new account.
- Click on Create a new account. Create your user name, type in your first name and last name, create and confirm your password, and finally, enter and confirm your email address. Enter the validation numbers, and click on Create Account.
- Choose three security questions and answers. You will then need to verify your email address.
- Once complete, you may return to ESS to apply for any transfer opportunities.
- You will see a green circle with a check at the top of the screen showing your application has been submitted.
- Important notes:
Saved Applications refers to those applications that have not been submitted. Once an application is submitted, it no longer appears in Saved Applications.
- There is not a general application for transfers; you must submit an internal application for each school-specific position for which you want to be considered.
- For example, to be considered for an English position at Colonial Forge and at HH Poole, you must apply to each location.
- However, you only need to apply to a transfer position once per location. For example, if you apply for an Elementary - General Education position at Falmouth Elementary but are not selected, your application will remain in the pool of candidates for consideration should another Elementary - General Education position open at Falmouth for the 2022-2023 school year.
What else do I need to know?
- Vacancies available for transfer applicants for the 2022-2023 school year will be posted from February 15, 2022 through June 17, 2022.
- Transfer vacancies will be updated regularly as positions become available. It is the employee’s responsibility to check the job posting for updates, as they may change daily.
- As a professional courtesy, employees wishing to transfer should notify their current school administration.
- Completion of the online internal application shall serve as the official notification of your interest in being considered for a transfer. Additional contacts (e-mail, telephone, etc) to school administrators are unnecessary.
- Administrators will contact selected candidates for interviewing. Administrators are not required to interview an internal candidate for any position.
- All offers for transfer will be made by Human Resources.