Employee Transfer Process
2018-2019 Employee Transfer Process
The transfer process may be used by full-time contracted teachers and full-time contracted paraprofessionals only. The transfer application is for full-time teachers pursuing other full-time teaching positions and full-time paraprofessionals pursuing other full-time paraprofessional positions. They may request consideration for a transfer at any time during the transfer window (February 20, 2018 – June 30, 2018). Part-time, hourly, and temporary employees are not eligible for the transfer process. Part-time, hourly, and temporary employees seeking full-time positions should use the licensed or service applications available online. Full time employees pursuing different positions should use the appropriate application. For example, a teacher pursuing an assistant principal position should complete the Administrator Application.
Employee Transfer Application instructions and requirements:
- The transfer application is available through ESS only. This is accessible by logging in to the staffordschools.net webpage: https://www.staffordschools.net/ This login information is usually the same as your Novell login.
- Once logged in, select Staff Intranet from the top row. From the Staff Intranet page, select Munis – Employee Self Service, found on the left side.
- The easy access URL is found towards the top of the page. Click on the link: ess.staffordschools.net.
- The Employee Self Service Window will open in a new tab. The log-in tab is found in the top right corner of the page. Click on the Login icon. You will be prompted to enter your Username and Password to enter Employee Self Service (ESS).
- Click Employment Opportunities on the left side of the window. All available positions in the school division will be visible.
- Positions available for transfers are those with For Transfer Applicants Only in the posting.
- Click Apply to complete the transfer application for the position for which you want to be considered.
- The Applicant Login window will open.
- If you have an application on file in Munis, you may log in using your first name, last name, zip code, and PIN. Most of your information will auto fill. Please double check all information for accuracy. At the end of each page, click Save for Later before continuing to the next section. The Applicant’s Authorization Statement must be completed. Click on Review Application. If all information is complete and correct, click on Submit Application.
- If you have not completed an application in Munis, click on Create a new account. Type in your first name, last name, zip code, and email address. Enter the validation numbers, and click on Create Account. Please save your PIN to access your account in the future. Click Continue. At the end of each page, click Save for Later before continuing to the next section. The Applicant’s Authorization Statement must be completed. Click on Review Application. If all information is complete and correct, click on Submit Application.
- You will see a green circle with a check at the top of the screen showing your application has been submitted.
- Saved Applications refers to those applications that have not been submitted. Once an application is submitted, it no longer appears in Saved Applications.
- You only need to apply to each position one time. For example, if a position is filled and another vacancy for the same position occurs, your application will remain in the pool of candidates for consideration.
- You must click Apply for each transfer position for which you want to be considered. There is not a general application for transfers, and you may not submit a transfer application until a position is posted.
- Completion of the online transfer application shall serve as the official notification of your interest in being considered for a transfer. Accordingly, please refrain from making additional contacts (e-mail, telephone, etc) to school administrators.
Transfer Process (February 20, 2018 – June 30, 2018):
- Employees will notify principals of their interest in a specific position posted for the location by using the Munis – Employee Self Service Transfer application.
- Specific vacancies for 2018-2019 will be posted starting February 20, 2018.
- Transfer vacancies will be updated regularly as positions become available. It is the employee’s responsibility to check the job posting for updates, as they may change daily.
- Teachers/Paraprofessionals must apply to a specific position listed in Employment Opportunities in order to be considered for a transfer. If the transfer application is not completed, you will not be considered for a transfer.
- Administrators will contact selected candidates for interviewing. Administrators are not required to interview an internal candidate for any position.
- All offers for transfer will be made by Human Resources.