Benefits of IB, in a nutshell
Former BPHS IB Diploma Program students frequently cite the following main benefits of completing the IBDP:
- exceptional preparation for university-level scholarship, particularly in the areas of time management, writing papers, and conducting research
- exposure to excellent high school teachers and coursework
- opportunity to earn weighted credits toward the GPA
- possibility of earning college credit and/or bypassing basic college courses
The vast majority of BPHS IB alumni feel that completing the Diploma Program helped them gain admittance to their university of choice, whether or not they earned college credit, and felt they were better prepared for college-level work than their non-IB counterparts.
In addition, many students cite the following benefits:
- exposure to a curriculum with a global perspective and emphasis on language acquisition
- opportunity to become a lifelong learner through the Theory of Knowledge requirement
- exposure to valuable learning experiences through Creativity-Activity-Service
- preparation for college-level research and composition through the Extended Essay.
College and University Recognition
Click here to read what universities say about the IB Diploma Program.
Click here to access more details on this website.