SCPS Classroom Grants
Innovative Teaching Grant Criteria
Innovative Teaching Grants are designed to provide teachers with the opportunity to improve student achievement and learning through innovative and creative practices.
All full-time educators employed by Stafford County Public Schools (SCPS) who work directly with SCPS students at the pre-kindergarten through post-secondary level are eligible to apply for Innovative Teaching Grants offered by the Stafford Education Foundation.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2019
Applications are accepted once a year, and must be emailed to the Community Engagement Coordinator, Emily Byers (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed to Central Office. All applicants are sent an acknowledgment email from the Foundation when the application is received. Recipients of grants and their principals will be notified by email.
Grants are to be utilized for projects commencing in the 2019 - 2020 academic year. Each project coordinator must agree to submit a report to the Foundation at the completion of his or her project describing the results of the project and evaluating its effectiveness.
- Grants in the amount of "up to" $600 (for an individual teacher) and "up to" $1,200 (for a team of two or more teachers) will be awarded once a year to Stafford County Public Schools teachers who seek to increase and enhance the learning opportunities of their students.
- Funds may be used to support classroom instruction by providing funds for the purchase of unique or innovative classroom equipment and/or instructional supplies, outside the classroom experience (i.e. field trips), classroom speakers and other related initiatives.
- The larger grants of "up to" $1,200 will be made available to teams of teachers who are working collaboratively on projects that can have a greater impact on a school.
- Successfully funded programs will do the following:
- Be innovative, creative, and capable of serving as a model for other teachers
- Support instruction, either inside or outside the classroom
- Be designed to improve student achievement and learning
- Compliments at least one of the Stafford County Public School C5W concepts - communication, creativity, critical thinking, citizenship, collaboration or wellness
- Teachers interested in applying for an Innovative Teaching Grant may obtain an application from one of the following sources:
- Print the application, or
- Send an email to the Stafford Education Foundation office at email@example.com and request an application, or
- Visit the receptionist at the School Board Central Office complex at 31 Stafford, Stafford, VA 22554 and request an application.
- Applications may be submitted in the following manner and must be received by July 1, 2019:
- As an attachment in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Delivered via courier to the Central Office, Attention: Stafford Education Foundation Innovative Teaching Grants, or
- Mailed to Stafford County Public Schools, SEF Innovative Teaching Grants, 31 Stafford Ave, Stafford, VA
Announcement of the grant recipients will be made on August 1, 2019.
- A grant application must have a "primary coordinator," for those grant applications that have multiple teachers involved in a project. A "primary coordinator" may submit only one grant application per year for funding through the Innovative Teaching Grants program.
- Those receiving grants must agree to provide a brief evaluation of the project's value and impact, which must be submitted via email to the Stafford Education Foundation within six months of the project's
If you have any questions, please contact the Foundation by email at email@example.com