Capital Improvement Plan
The Stafford County Public Schools Capital Improvements Program provides a planned schedule for Capital Improvements to school, administrative and support facilities over a ten year period.
- To provide the facilities needed to achieve state educational objectives.
- To provide new schools, renovations and additions needed to keep pace with the growth in student enrollments resulting from the county's growth.
- To provide technological resources (voice, data and video) needed to equip students and employees with the tools necessary to maximize educational experiences.
- To provide parity in school facilities and educational opportunities throughout the county.
- To provide appropriate facilities for the educational and developmental needs of special student populations.
- To provide facilities for specialized programs essential to middle and high schools such as career and technical education and extra-curricular programs.
- To provide adequate facilities for administrative and support services.
- To provide facility infrastructure upgrades including roof, pavement, HVAC systems and other upgrade projects for the continued upkeep of the school division physical plant.
- To provide safe transportation of students to and from all schools.
- To provide facilities and equipment which comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- To provide for all requirements listed above in the most cost-effective manner.
- To provide demographic planning.