Meetings of the Full Board
The School Board holds various types of meetings of the full board, all of which are open to the public:
- Regular Board Meetings are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month except July, August, November and December - in those months, there is only one meeting (usually on the second Tuesday). These meetings are normally held in the School Board chambers.
- Special Called Board Meetings are occasionally called when there is a time-sensitive matter that must be discussed or voted upon before the next regularly scheduled meeting. These meetings are usually held in the School Board chambers.
- Work Sessions are held when the Board needs to hold a lengthy, in-depth discussion on a particular matter. Votes are not taken during work sessions. Work sessions are usually held in the executive session room unless a larger venue is needed.
- Public Hearings are held when a matter arises that requires citizen input (i.e., budgets, redistricting). The location of public hearings varies.
School Board Committees
There are also meetings of the School Board's standing committees. Each standing committee consists of three School Board members. These committee meetings are open to the public except for the Student Discipline Committee.
School Board Advisory Committees
The School Board has also created seven advisory committees. Each committee meets regularly during the school year. Each committee is made up of a mixture of community members, school teachers and employees, and one School Board member. To learn more about these seven advisory committees or to view the meeting agendas and minutes, please visit the committee webpages.
- Capital Improvement Planning
- Career and Technical Education
- Fine and Performing Arts
- School Health
- Special Education