Student Scholarship Criteria
Stafford Education Foundation (SEF), the education foundation for Stafford County Public Schools (SCPS), has established a scholarship award in the amount of $2,000 to be provided for (5) five graduating high school seniors at each high school who intend to pursue studies to enter the teaching profession.
- The applicant must be a graduating senior attending a SCPS high school who plans to further their education by enrolling in an accredited community college or four year college or university;
- The applicant must have maintained a minimum 2.8 GPA during their high school career and provide a high school transcript including first semester grades for their senior year;
- The applicant must answer two essay questions about their commitment to education and teaching. The applicant must also submit a full essay regarding a teacher that has inspired them;
- The applicant must demonstrate leadership and commitment to school and community through involvement in school and community activities, including work experience and public service;
- The applicant must submit (2) two recommendations, (1) one must be from the high school the applicant
NOTE: The application packet is available at http://www.staffordschools.net/SEF. The scholarship funds will be disbursed directly to the accredited college or four year college or university.