1. I will be available online to answer emails Monday through Friday from 9 to 11 am at email@example.com. If I receive an email outside of that those hours, I will be sure to respond your email within 24 hours. Thank you for your patience!
2. The first set of learning canvas activities will begin the week after your IEP. The first 11 weeks we will focus on social-emotional and communication along with simple play activities and building relationships.
3. To create a free at home visual schedule, if needed, please go to: http://Teachingmamalorg/visual=schedule=for-toddlers/
4. Please focus on just playing with your child and giving them quality time. This means getting on their level and engaging in play with them/reading to them.
5. I ask that you engage with your child for at least an hour a day. Pick two to three activities to engage with your child. Repetition is important for learning. Then fifteen - twenty minutes daily of reading with your child. This can be broken down into several opportunities, such as in the morning, afternoon or before nap, and before bedtime.
If you are going to use a visual schedule, avoid confusion and frustration for your child, please only present 3 to 4 (at most) pictures of activities at a time. It would be best to offer two at a time. Offer them in a left to right sequence or in a vertical fashion. Once these activities are completed, give your child a break and then you can replace them with the next sequence of activities. If you need addtional assistance in creating a personal visual schedule for your child and do not find what you need in the above link, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help you.