We would like to welcome you and your child to our Early Childhood Education program here at North Star Early Childhood Education Center. We’re very excited to begin the school year and feel confident that your child will benefit greatly from our program. We look forward to working with you and your family to help make this year a very positive and successful preschool experience for your child.
What is the Preschool Curriculum?
Our preschool program is based on a child development curriculum. The guiding principles for such an approach are the following:
- Children learn best through active involvement with people, materials, events, and ideas.
- Consistent adult support and respect for children’s choices, thoughts, and actions strengthen
- a child’s self-esteem, feelings of responsibility, self-control, and knowledge.
- All children learn best when immersed in a positive, consistent and predictable routine.
- All children greatly benefit from a language-enriched environment.