Why We’re Offering the PSAT/NMSQT:
At Stafford High School, we believe in creating as many opportunities as possible for our students to own their futures. That’s why we offer the PSAT/NMSQT® (Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) to our students. Whether they’re considering attending a two- or four-year college, going straight into the workforce, or aren’t sure what they want to do after high school, the PSAT/NMSQT can help clarify the path for students.
Results from the PSAT/NMSQT give students and teachers insights into each student’s academic strengths and areas they can work on while still in high school. [And students who took the PSAT® 8/9 or PSAT® 10 will be able to see their progress from one test to the next].
Taking the PSAT/NMSQT can also help our students to:
- Enter the National Merit® Scholarship Program if they meet the program requirements specified in the PSAT/NMSQT Student Guide.
- See where they are and set a target for where they want to be.
- Practice and prepare for the SAT®.
- Find out what AP® courses they’re ready to take.
- Plan and pay for college.
- Connect to their future career.
This fall, the PSAT/NMSQT will be administered in a new digital format to provide students with an easier testing experience. The SAT will follow in the spring of 2024. Students will take the PSAT/NMSQT on Wednesday, October 11, 2023, using their own school-issued device or on a device provided to them that day.
For questions about the PSAT/NMSQT, please contact Jacinda Patishnock at email@example.com.