internship & clinical experience header

Internship and Clinical Experience

  • All colleges/universities must have signed a Stafford County Public Schools Memo of Understanding (Stafford Schools MOU) before submitting a request form.

    The following colleges/universities have a current signed Memorandum of Understanding with Stafford County Public Schools:

    • Ana G Mendez University- All licensed areas
    • Averett University- Teachers, Nurses
    • Cameron University- Teachers
    • East Carolina University- Teachers, Nurses
    • George Mason University- All licensed practical areas
    • Germanna Community College- All licensed practical areas
    • Grand Canyon University- Teachers
    • James Madison University- Teachers, Nurses
    • Liberty University- All licensed areas
    • Longwood University- Teachers
    • Mary Baldwin University- Teachers
    • NOVA- All licensed areas
    • Old Dominion University- Teachers
    • Radford University- Psychologists
    • Regent University- All licensed areas
    • Shenandoah University- Teachers
    • St. Catherines's University- Occupational Therapy and other practical experience areas
    • The George Washington University- All licensed practical areas
    • Tulane University- All licensed practical areas
    • University of Mary Washington- Teachers, Nurses
    • University of Phoenix- Teachers
    • University of Virginia/Curry School- Teachers, Nurses, Clinical
    • Valley City State University- Teachers
    • VCU Social Work- Teachers, Clinical
    • Virginia State University- Teachers and other practicum experience
    • West Virginia University- Teachers, Nurses
    • West Virginia Wesleyan College- Teachers
    • Western Governers University- Teachers
    • Western Kentucky University- Teachers

    The Department of Human Resources will place all student teachers and practicum students.  A request form must be completed by the college/university representative.  This form is available only from a representative of the Human Resources department and will be provided directly to the college/university representative. If you have any questions regarding these placements, please contact please contact Latoya Mason at

    The Department of Student Services will place all school counseling, school social worker, nurses, O.T., P.T. and speech pathology students.  The request forms are to be completed by the college/university representatives and are available in the Student Services Clinical Placement box located on the right hand side of this web page.  If you have any questions regarding these placements, please contact Pam Butler at School Psychology Internships are available as paid positions. Interested candidates should apply directly and contact the Coordinator for Psychologists and Diagnosticians. 


Contact Information by Program

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.