2020-2021 School Nutrition Meal Service Plan
MEAL SERVICE CHANGE BEGINS MONDAY FEBRUARY 8, 2021
With the start of middle and high school hybrid in-person learning, the meal distribution schedule is adjusted.
Curbside and Bus Meal Distribution Changes
- Morning curbside service will take place on Mondays only from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Anthony Burns ES, AG Wright Middle, Conway ES, Kate Waller Barrett ES, Hartwood ES, Falmouth ES, Rocky Run ES, North Stafford HS, Mountain View HS, Brooke Point HS, Stafford HS, Colonial Forge HS, Shirley Heim MS, T. Benton Gayle MS, Dixon-Smith MS and Edward E. Drew MS only. (Curbside and bus service will no longer be available on Wednesday or Friday mornings.)
- Bus distribution will take place Mondays only from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. For full details visit the bus distribution sites page of the SCPS website.
- Evening meal service will take place Wednesdays only from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at North Stafford HS, Colonial Forge HS and Stafford HS only. (No evening meal service on Mondays and Fridays).
- Will receive one free breakfast and one free lunch on each of their regularly scheduled in-school day (either Tuesday and Wednesday, or Thursday and Friday).
- Will pick up four additional free breakfasts and lunches on Mondays at curbside and bus distribution sites from 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Will receive six free breakfasts and six free lunches on Wednesday evenings from 5 - 6:30 p.m. Evening meals will be available at North Stafford HS, Colonial Forge HS and Stafford HS only.
Families must pick up meals either Monday morning or Wednesday evening only. If a hybrid family cannot pick up meals on Monday, they must pick up meals Wednesday night. If a virtual family cannot pick up meals Wednesday night, they must pick up meals Monday morning.
Meal Pick up and Payment Procedures:
A parent or guardian may pick up meals without the student being present, however, they must provide the student’s name and school attending, or student ID. Students are allowed one breakfast and lunch daily and all meals will be tracked with our online point of sale system.
Access to the Free & Reduced Meal Application:
Parents may complete an application for Free and Reduced priced meals online at https://www.nlappscloud.com. Some families are automatically approved for meal benefits. However, if you were not notified by August 31, 2020, you must complete a new application.
2020-2021 Student Meal Prices:
The State of Virginia approved a waiver allowing all children 18 and under to receive meals at no charge through June 30, 2020. For more information on where SCPS students may receive meals, please the SCPS website.
In School Meal Service for Exempted and Select Students:
Meals will be made available for all onsite students. On days your student is not on campus, meals will need to be picked up at one of our participating meal service sites.
SCPS Nutrition staff are following all guidelines for social distancing, wellness screenings, face coverings, and temperature checks to help ensure the safety of all students and staff.