Moncure Library is excited to offer contact-free library book checkout! Read the directions below to see how to request a book online and how to pick it up curbside at Moncure.
- place a hold on up to 3 books you would like to read using Destiny Discover. Read these directions for how to log in and place a hold.
- Wait for an email that your books are ready
- Book pickup is available Mondays and Thursdays from 1-4PM, your email will let you know the soonest date you can pick up books. All books will be quarentined for 72 hours before pickup, the cutoff time to place holds is Friday noon, to be able to pick them up the next week. Please wait for your confirmation email before coming to school.
- During your pickup time, pull up to the school. You will see a cart with bags of books, look for your student's name and take that bag. You are all done!
- If you do not see the book cart or your student's books, wait in your car and call the Library at (540) 658-6300 ext 501141
- When you are finished with your books, you can request up to three more, return your old books when you come to pick up your new ones. If you have more than 4 books checked out, you will not be able to check out any more until the old books are returned.
- Request book topics using this google form.
follow steps 2 through 6 as above.
Thank you for using curbside library book pickup!
Please contact us with any questions!
Kristen Wright, Library Assistant email@example.com
Anya Ammons, Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Phone: (540) 658-6300 ext 501141
*for very popular series only one book in each series will be checked out per student (Dog Man, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Dork Diaries)
How do I place a book on hold? Watch this how-to video.
How long can I borrow books? Please try to return books within 3 weeks, so that other students can use them, however there are no late fees!
What if I miss a pickup day? After a week we will contact you to see if you still want your books, and keep them 'on hold' at the library until you can pick them up