Behind the Wheel Program 2023-2024
Prerequisites for students to enroll in Behind the Wheel
- Must have taken and passed classroom Drivers Education Course
- Must have a learner’s permit
- Attend a Student/Parent Meeting - Partners for Safe Teen Driving meeting (Information below)
- At least 10 hours of driving experience prior to signing up.
The Behind the Wheel Class
In order for the student to be enrolled in the class, the student must also be taking a 10th grade PE class, an elective PE for 11th and 12th grades or be an office aide.
To be enrolled, students will need to follow the BTW sign up form link above and fill out the information sheet.
Please do not make any payments until your student is scheduled to start behind the wheel. Thank you
Cost of the class is $225 (cash, check or pay online. For online payments, follow this link CJ005-115).
The length of the course during school is 9 days.
The length of the course after school is 7 days ( no weekends).
Please contact the Drivers' Education Coordinator or Drivers' education instructors if you have any questions:
Steve Cassiday: Cassidaysk@staffordschools.net
Andrew deToll: firstname.lastname@example.org
Partners for Safe Teen Drivers Meeting Information
Welcome to our Partners for Safe Teen Drivers meeting. If a student plans to take the Behind the Wheel through Stafford County Public Schools or through a private driving company, the parent and student must attend this Partners for Safe Teen Drivers meeting. In order to be eligible for Behind the Wheel, students must have a valid Virginia learners permit, pass classroom driver education, and attended the Parent-Teen Driver Meeting. A student will not be allowed to register for Behind the Wheel training without meeting all requirements. Stafford County Schools is committed to working with parents to keep our students safe and reduce teen crashes.
Partners for safe Teen Driving Meeting Dates, School and Time.
Tuesday, August 29 - MVHS - Auditorium - 6pm-7:30pm
Contact Information- Behind the Wheel Instructors
Andrew detoll email@example.com
Steve Cassiday firstname.lastname@example.org
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PICKING UP PDL’S
Student’s Issue Date________ ___________Student is Eligible on this date________________________
- The student may pick up their PDL at MVHS after they have held their permit for 9 months and completed the 45 hour log.
- Parent or guardian must come in with the student to pick up the PDL. The parent/guardian will also sign the PDL.
- Students must bring in a completed 45 hour driving log and learners' permit with them. Please pull the 45 hour log page(s) out of the workbook (and staple them together).
PDL’s will be issued on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday ONLY from 7:10 am to 7:25 am. The BTW office is located in the Security office next to the doors leading out to the student parking lot. Thank you
Please email Mr. deToll (email@example.com) to notify the day and time the parent and student will be arriving.
*If you are picking up your PDL in the summer months, Email Mr. Cassiday (firstname.lastname@example.org).