High School Orientation Nights
Thursday, February 3, 2022
Last Names A-I: 5:30-7PM
Last Names J-Z: 7:30-9PM
Last Names A-N: 5:30-7PM
Last Names O-Z: 7:30-9PM
Last Names A-M: 5:30-7PM
Last Names N-Z: 7:30-9PM
Use this sheet and the Program of Studies booklet to help you decide which classes you need to take and which classes you would want to take.
Make a list and keep it safe so you can use it when your counselors meet with you in January and February to pick your classes online.
The High School Program of Studies (POS) is available online for students and families to view all the courses available next year. This is a PDF version. The POS is important because it tells you descriptions of the classes, which high schools will have the classes, and what classes you might need to take before other classes.
9th Grade Course Registration Process
1) Classroom lesson explaning the process to students and selecting their HS core classes
2) Parent letter and HS Program of Studies sent home with students
3) Classroom lesson explaning the process to students and selecting their HS elective classes
3) Meet with Counselor individually to review and finalize all course selections
4) Parents can meet with Counselor by setting up an appointment via the Parent Letter - all questions and concerns will be answered
Why is this important?
1) First time students can pick their core classes
2) Set yourself up for success by choosing your electives to help you with career goals
3) If you don't pick classes...your 8th grade counselor will pick them for you! :)