These local organizations help many Stafford County families and always welcome contributions. If your family is in need of assistance, please contact one of these organizations, or call one of the counselors or our school social worker.
- Stafford County Department of Social Services (DSS) provides assistance for qualified applicants. Forms can be obtained at the DSS Office located in the Government Complex at Hwy 1 and Courthouse Road. For more information call 540-658-8720.
- The Salvation Army of Fredericksburg takes applications for assistance at their site at 821 Lafayette Blvd. Applicants must bring specific I.D. and documents to complete the application process. They also run the “shoe fund.” For more information call 540-373-3431.
- Fredericksburg Area Food Bank has many programs that offer food supplies to area residents throughout the year. Working together with area partners and agencies, the Fredericksburg Area Food Bank feeds low-income families, offers emergency food for situational needs, and supports the elderly and children with programs such as Food for Life and Kids Café. For more information call 540-371-7666.
- S.E.R.V.E., Inc. is an organization that supplements the efforts of other local agencies. It offers financial help with rent and utilities (Stafford residents). Food pantry items, clothing, prescription assistance, and holiday aid are additional programs offered to local families. S.E.R.V.E. can be contacted by calling 540-288-9603.
- Rappahannock United Way provides referral assistance and information regarding local assistance. They can be contacted by calling 540-373-0041.
- PARENT RESOURCE CENTER is an information center for Stafford County families and others concerned with the care and education of children with disabilities. The center is open to any family who has concerns or questions about their child’s development and education. You can visit the Parent Resource Center during the school year, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and the 4th Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at 540-658-6710.