Weekly Update 04/16/2018
- FLEX is on this week 2X.
- Track and Softball battle Heim on Tuesday. Track is away and softball is home.
- The 8th Grade Assembly is Thursday at 10:30. More information is coming your way!
- Track and Softball battle Thompson on Thursday. Softball is away and track is home.
Congratulations to Mr. Kennedy! He is the 2017-18 SMS Teacher of the Year!
SCPS United Way CampaignCONGRATULATIONS SMS TEACHERS AND STAFFWe won the Middle School category for highest percentage of participation in the Stafford County Public Schools United Way Campaign! Go Spartans!
Stafford Middle School Teacher of the Month
Every month a committee of students will review nominations and choose a teacher based on the comments you leave below. Teacher names will not be viewed during the nomination process only the comments that you submit. Link to the Teacher of the Month form:
Yearbook Club 2017-2018
Our yearbook club meets every other Thursday from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. New members are always welcome! For details, lease contact Mrs. Carey or Mr. Loving. There will be a meeting this Thursday, January 11th, from 3-4 and then again January 25th from 3-4.
Classroom Web Pages
Your child's classroom Web pages are located on Synergy ParentVUE or StudentVUE, the same application that provides grade and attendance information for your child. To access ParentVUE or StudentVUE, please point your Web browser to https://psp.staffordschools.net. An activation key or having an account setup previously with an activation key is required. Don't have access? Please contact our Counseling Office for your personalized key (available only to students and/or parents/guardians currently attending or having a child attend Stafford Middle School.)
Our Spartan Strong Service Employee at SMS is:
Ms. Joell Palmer!
Congratulations! Very well deserved!
Stafford Middle Community Calendar
Spartan School Information
Stafford Middle School principal Mark Smith was selected as the Virginia Association of Secondary School Principals 2017 Outstanding Middle School Principal of Virginia. Go Sparta!
The VASSP Principal Awards Committee recommended Smith for this recognition to its Board of Directors based on his excellence in the following areas:
- Be willing to take risks to improve student learning;
- Anticipate emerging problems and act in effective ways to resolve them;
- Move actively to implement the goals and objectives of the school;
- Work collaboratively with teachers and other staff members to improve the educational program and student achievement;
- Ensure the school climate is positive and reflects high staff and student morale;
- Involve the community in the life of the school and use community resources for students; and,
- Demonstrate creativity and imagination in bringing about positive change.
Our building has free, publicly accessible WiFi!
Network Name: SMOPEN
Password: stafford (case sensitive)