Skip To Main Content

Facility/School Use

Stafford County Public Schools encourages the use of school buildings and grounds by the community for educational, recreational, civic, and cultural activities to the extent possible under the law. We believe that school facilities are an important resource in developing and sustaining lifelong learning, in promoting intergovernmental cooperation, and in encouraging citizen participation in community activities.  


When space is available, during times that do not interfere with Stafford County Public Schools instructional programs, student activities, activities of school-related groups or SCPS Adult Education classes, community members may reserve school facilities on a scheduled basis. Please refer to Regulation 8101 - Community Use of School Facilities/Equipment.    

A Stafford Schools Building Use Application Form shall be filled out with a copy of a Certificate of Insurance and turned into the Principal of the location of choice. Certificates of Insurance should maintain a minimum general liability coverage of $1 million dollars. Once approved by the Principal, the application will come to the office of the Executive Director of Operations for final approval.                    

School booster clubs and PTA groups sponsor some varieties of programs that benefit our students such as after-school classes, clinics and camps.  School Board Policy 5506 shall be followed when a booster club or PTA group wants to sponsor an activity. Building Use Forms need to be approved by both the Principal and the office of the Executive Director of Operations. School Board Policy 5504 shall be followed for any fundraising by Stafford Schools students and the School Fundraiser Request Form shall be filled out and turned into Assistant Superintendent for Finance Services for approval before the event takes place.

SCPS gymnasiums and fields are scheduled for community athletic teams by the Stafford County Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities. Interested parties should fill out the Parks and Recreations Facility Use Application and turn it in to Stafford County Parks and Recreation. Please refer to the Stafford County Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities website for additional information.