Tryouts dates are TBD (early Nov.)
General information for now:
*All grade levels are eligible to try out.
* Must be passing your classes.
* Usually, there are 3 days of try outs. First cuts are made at the end of the second day, of try outs. Final cuts are at the end of the 3rd day.
* A VHSL physical is required for all students trying out. All pages must be filled out. You can visit www.vhsl.org to download or print the form.
* Physicals are good for ONE the school year. A new physical is required each year.
* No experience is required.
*When try-outs do occur, be sure you come dressed to participate, including effective mask. No buffs allowed.
* Bring your own water as water fountains are closed. We do have water filling stations now for easy refills.
What can you do now tips:
*Practice dribbling with your eyes up and keep control of the ball
*Practice lay-ups and jump shots, follow through toward the target.
*Practice defensive drills. Great defense wins games
*Do cardio workouts to increase your stamina
*Keep your grades in good standing! School is the most important job you have right now.
*Good sportsmanship is a must!
WORK HARD AND DREAM BIG! Email Coach Blanchard with any questions or concerns.
GO LADY JAGS!
Coach Lesli Blanchard
Degrees and Certifications: