Mr. Schnee's Welcome Page
I hope that you and your children have had a fantastic summer break and that you are off to a great start to the 2019-2020 school year! I am very happy to be here at Margaret Brent and I am looking forward to working with all the students.
As your child's LD teacher, I will be working hard to help him/her make significant academeic progress in a safe, structured and positive environment. I will maintain regular communication with your child's general education teacher and I will keep you informed with regards to your child's progress. I strongly believe that parents and teachers must work together as a team to ensure that the children get the most they can out of each school year. As a parent/guardian you can help by:
- Creating a daily 15-30 minute silent reading time with a book of his/her choice.
- Discussing what they have read and asking questions about their school day in general.
- Reading to your child and having them read to you regularly.
- Helping your child with homework.
- Calling or writing a note to the teacher with any questions or concerns you have.
- Getting your child to school each day and on time.
- Attending meetings and contacting the teacher ahead of time if there is a problem.
- Working together, we can make this a very positive and productive year for your child.