I miss you all so much, the hugs, the smiles, all of it! I hope you are all staying well and keeping your spirits up. I am hoping we can all meet up soon- virtually for now. Staying on a schedule will help your days go smoother. It is important you get reading and math in every day and get outside away from devices to get fresh air and fitness in. I know it helps me a lot, I love going for works and feeling the sun. I know you all love recess time!
Here are some suggestions to help your days and your learning to continue:
1. Spelling City- All the premium things that we could not do before are available now. Yay! Go in and check it out! Have fun with vocabulary and spelling.
2. Use Clever to access a variety of things. Remember start at the Moncure webpage and go from there to get in.
3. Want to learn a new language? Rosetta Stone is currently free!
4. Do you have books you are reading? If not, remember you can access books online through the links from our school library- Pebblego and PebblegoNex. Also the public library has many books accessible online too.
5. Once you have read you can take AR tests at home now! Yay!! I will set reading goals soon.
6. Lexia is available to all in Clever right now.
7. Google Classroom is filled with resources and ideas for review.
Families you can still purchase yearbooks online use the code 7909420 until April 19th ($16). Parent grams ($5 extra) are due by April 3rd.
Please let me know if you have any questions and look for more information on learning on April 6th.
Here is a list of items that your student needs for this year. I understand families have many expenditures at the beginning of the school year, so please focus on the essentials and get the others when you can. If they have items from last school year in good working condition those can also be used this year.
4th Grade Supply List
#2 pencils – two dozen
Crayons or colored pencils
Zip pencil supply bag
(No boxes- they do not fit in desks or chair pockets.)
2 Plastic two-pocket folders (three pronged preferred)
4 Glue Sticks
5 composition books
Scissors – child sized
1 inch binder with pockets
1 box of tissues
Girls-1 box of Ziploc bags (gallon or quart size)
Boys- Liquid Soap or Hand sanitizer
1 pack of cap erasers
1 pack of dry erase markers (black/blue only)
Art shirt with name on the front
Please understand that some of their personal items will need replenshing as the year progresses. I will stress the importance to them of using their supplies wisely and I ask that you please have that same talk with them.