Library Staff: Mrs. Tracy Sisk
Mrs. Sharon Bennett
Welcome To the PRES Library
Welcome to the Park Ridge Elementary Library. I would like to take this opportunity to let you know how excited I am to be entering my third year as Park Ridge Librarian. My goal is to continue to make the library a welcoming and inviting place to be. Last year we made a few changes and hope to keep working towards our goal of "information literacy and the 21st century library".
This year promises to be another fantastic one for our school library and the students. Among the many planned events and activities, we will have our Scholastic Book Fairs, new book displays, including “Teacher Picks” and “Student Picks,” as well as “Recommended Reads” by people from the school such as Mrs. Butler, Mrs. Hall, Mrs. Sisk, and Mrs. Bennett. Also returning is the much loved “Virginia Reader's Choice”--which involves not only the unveiling of the books but also student voting and activities centered around the potential choices. In addition to these highlights we are hoping to add a few "Makerspaces" to the collection and a scheduled time each month for all the students to enjoy expanding their educational experience through hands on learning.
Some useful Information:
- Each class will have a regularly scheduled weekly library class.
- Students in Kindergarten may borrow one book each week.
- Students in First through Fourth may borrow two books per week.
- Students in Fifth grade may borrow three books per week.
- All books are due ONE Week from check out. Since books can be costly to replace, another one cannot be checked out until the first one is returned.
- Fines are NOT charged for overdue books however, replacement fees ARE assessed for lost or damaged books.
Mrs. Bennett and I could not run the library without our very valued volunteers. If you would like to consider helping us out please see stop by during open house or anytime and we will write down the dates and times you are available. If you have a suggestion on how to improve our school library I am always open to new ideas and look forward to discussing them with you.