December has blown in like a mighty wind and we are approaching the end of the second nine weeks. We are continuing to work hard on the following topics in math and science/social studies.
***Special Notice -- Lunch time has change (Please go to class schedule)***
Math: We are working on the following:
- continue practice computation of fractions and mixed numbers
- continue problem solving
Science: What really "matters" with matter.
- types and properties of matter
- atoms, molecules, elements, compounds
- mixtures and solutions
Social Studies: When Two Worlds Meet
- early colonies in North America
- colonial life
- specialization and interdependenc
Math Video Assignments
Math video are assigned at times for student viewing. The purpose of the videos are for students to gain an understanding of math concepts before coming to class. This gives them the opportunity to be more proactive and accountable for their learning. Watching the videos has the following benefits:
- gives them the chance to get the math lesson without distraction of other students
- it allows students to learn at their own pace
- content can be accessed from anywhere
- more assistance from the teacher during class time
- encourages higher student engagement in class
I want students to get the most out of their experience with math this year. Using these videos would do that. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.