Welcome to Transportation Services
August 29, 2018
The Transportation Department is looking forward to providing another year of safe and efficient school bus transportation to Stafford County Public Schools students. We will do everything within our power to ensure the safe and timely transportation of your children to and from school. In order to provide this service we choose the best possible drivers and equipment within accessible resources. Unfortunately, we are still experiencing a critical shortage of bus drivers. In order to offer transportation to ALL eligible students, we had in some instances to assign longer routes or second loads. Please be patient as we train new drivers and monitors to fill these open positions.
Important Information for the first several weeks of school:
- Be flexible with the bus schedule during the first several weeks. This is the time that we evaluate and adjust the bus runs.
- Have your student at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the pick-up time.
- Have your student ready to board the bus to stop delays.
- If you have a Head Start, Kindergarten, or Elementary School student, please be flexible during the first few days. Delays in bus arrival times are common, since these students tend to take a little extra time saying their good-byes and boarding the bus in the morning. In the afternoon some schools may choose to load the buses by grade levels which is also adding extra time.
- Transportation to alternative stop locations, including licensed daycares, can only be provided if the stop is in the school’s attending zone and an “Additional Bus Assignment” form has been submitted to the student’s school.
Together with your assistance and cooperation, we can make the bus ride a safe and rewarding experience for your student. We're here to help!
Have a great school year!
Barry R. Sudduth
Exec. Director of Fleet & Transportation Services