About Payroll & Benefits
Payroll and Benefits Office - How can we help you today?
- Payroll Questions
- Time-off and Leave Inquiries
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Deductions
- VRS - ICMA Retirement Information
- 403B and 457B Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Child Support and Garnishments
- Hybrid Short-term Disability
- Request leave
- Enter additioinal time worked
- Update your address, telephone number, tax withholding or direct deposit information
Paydays Policy and Regs – 4704, 4704R
All employees are paid monthly. Personnel who begin employment after the 15th of the month will have a one and one-half month lag before receiving their first paycheck.
Contracted employees will receive one-twelfth of their annual salary on a regular monthly basis.
Employees on a 10-month contract will receive their first installment on September 1st. (Eff. with the 2019-20 school year)
Employees on an 11-month contract will receive their first installment on September 1st.
Employees on a 12-month contract will receive their first installment on August 1st.
If a person terminates employment before completing the contract period, their final pay will be prorated on a per diem basis.
Employees are given access to leave balances at the beginning of their contract. If an employee resigns / retires prior to completeing their contract period, leave days are pro-rated based on the number of months they worked.
Direct deposit for payroll checks is a condition of employment with Stafford County Public Schools. Payroll deposits will be made monthly to one bank account, either checking or savings, as specified by the employee.
It is the responsibility of each employee to review their monthly pay statements and notify the payroll office of errors in pay or deductions within five (5) business days upon receipt of the monthly direct deposit.
Work Days/Hours of Employment
Policy and Regs – 4203, 4203R
A full time employee is defined as an individual working at least 32.5 hours/week. The total number of weekly work hours is designated by the position and job title.
A part-time employee is defined as an individual working less than 32.5 hours/week but greater than 18.75 hours/week.
Employees shall observe and report to work consistent with the schedule of working days set forth in the work calendar developed annually by the superintendent / designee.
Overtime and Compensatory Time Off
Policy - 4404
Eligible employees are defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1933 (FLSA) as non-exempt employees.
- The work period for determining overtime compensation is based on a regular work week (Saturday 12 midnight through 11:59 pm on the following Saturday).
- Overtime hours are defined as those hours actually worked (excluding a duty free meal break) which exceed 40 hours during a seven day work week.
- All non-exempt service employees are required to record the number of hours worked per day (including overtime/compensatory time) on time cards or time sheets.
- Employees must receive prior approval from their supervisor to perform overtime work.
- Overtime compensation at the time and a half rate will be based on hours actually worked. Examples of non-working hours which would be excluded from overtime computation include: vacation leave, sick leave, jury/witness leave, holiday leave, and suspension.
- Overtime of less than one quarter hour on a regular work day will not be compensated. Overtime work of over one quarter of an hour will be compensated to the nearest half hour.
- Employees may not accrue more than 40 hours of compensatory time.
- Accumulated compensatory time will be paid at the end of each fiscal year.
Payroll Processing Deadlines
- All employee leave entries and additional time entries are due no later than the 10th of each month for processing on that month’s payroll. Leave must be correctly entered through the Munis ESS portal and approved by your supervisor prior to the deadline.
- All payroll deduction changes and direct deposit change requests must be submitted VIA ESS or to the Payroll and Benefits Department no later than the 15th of each month for processing on that month’s payroll.