Welcome to the GMS Counseling Center
Attention 8th graders interested in the IB program: Come learn more about the International Baccalaureate Program offered in high school! Counseling will hold an information session on Thursday October 3rd in the Forum for interested 8th grade students. Please see the Counselors for more information and to obtain a pass.
"The professional school counselor is a certified/licenses educator trained in counseling with unique qualifications and skills to address all students' academic, personal/social, and career development needs. Professional school counselors implement a comprehensive school counseling program that promotes and enhances student achievement".
(American School Counselor Association http://schoolcounselor.org)
Gayle Middle School Counselors
Sarah Troxel (Director, last names A - L) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Hodgkins (last names M - Z) - email@example.com
Denise Miller (Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Judy Basluke - email@example.com
WHAT DOES YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR DO?
Middle school counselors enhance the learning process and promote academic achievement for all students by providing services to students, parents/guardians, school staff, and the community in the following areas:
- Academic support services
- Individual or group counseling
- Crisis management and responsive counseling services
- Transition programs
- Referrals to support services or community resources
- Classroom lessons
- Parent conferences
- School-to-parent communication
- Provide recommendations and assist students with the post-secondary application process
- At-risk student identification and implementation of interventions to enhance success
- Improve school climate
- Assist with behavioral management plans
- School-wide needs assessments
- Career Education
We welcome your phone calls and visits to the Counseling Center for assistance. Please call (540) 373-0383 or email your counselor to make an appointment. It will be a pleasure to work with you during this exciting time for you and your child!