Your child must be immunized against Diphtheria, Pertussis (whooping cough), Tetanus (DPT), Poliomyelitis (OPV), Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Hepatitis B, and Chicken Pox (Varicella). The following are required of all students:
Immunization records must show the month, day, and year of vaccines received.Students who do not have the necessary immunizations and/or a physical examination will not be allowed to attend school. However, students may be conditionally enrolled if their health records indicate that they have had a current dose of the vaccines and parents present a written schedule from a physician for completing the immunizations within ninety days of enrollment.
- Four doses of DTaP, with one dose after the fourth birthday for new students beginning fall 2010;
- Four doses of IPV/OPV, with one dose after the fourth birthday for new students beginning fall 2010;
- Two doses of measles and mumps vaccine, and one dose of rubella vaccine (usually given as MMR) beginning Fall 2010;
- Three doses of Hepatitis B following the recommended schedule
- Two doses of varicella for kindergarten entrance, One dose Varicella vaccine is required for all students grades 1-8
- A Tdap (Diphtheria, Pertussis, and Tetanus) booster is required of students grades 6-11
- An HPV(Human Pappillomavirus) vaccine series is recommended for girls entering 6th grade
The Stafford County Health Department provides immunizations on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m., on an appointment only basis. There is no fee. Call 659-3101 for further information or appointments.