Announcements Regarding Rising 9th Grade Registration
Online Registration will be open on TUESDAY JANUARY 22ND. Please refer to Online Registration Instructions under the tab "Counseling Documents for Download" for more detailed instructions.
Welcome to the GMS Counseling Center
"The professional school counselor is a certified/licenses educator trained in counseling with unique qualifications and skills to address all students' academic, personal/social, and career development needs. Professional school counselors implement a comprehensive school counseling program that promotes and enhances student achievement".
(American School Counselor Association http://schoolcounselor.org)
Gayle Middle School Counselors
Elizabeth Zarone (last names A - L) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Hodgkins (last names M - Z) - email@example.com
Judy Basluke - firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT DOES YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR DO?
Middle school counselors enhance the learning process and promote academic achievement for all students by providing services to students, parents/guardians, school staff, and the community in the following areas:
- Academic support services
- Individual or group counseling
- Crisis management and responsive counseling services
- Transition programs
- Referrals to support services or community resources
- Classroom lessons
- Parent conferences
- School-to-parent communication
- Provide recommendations and assist students with the post-secondary application process
- At-risk student identification and implementation of interventions to enhance success
- Improve school climate
- Assist with behavioral management plans
- School-wide needs assessments
- Career Education
We welcome your phone calls and visits to the Counseling Center for assistance. Please call (540) 373-0383 or email your counselor to make an appointment. It will be a pleasure to work with you during this exciting time for you and your child!