Parking permits for the 2018 - 2019 academic year will be on sale
August 15th and 16th
Students wanting to purchase a permit will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Have not been excessively tardy, absent, and /or dismissed early during the 2017/2018 school year. According to the Student Handbook, students may be denied the privilege of obtaining a Parking Permit due to being excessively tardy and /or absent. In case of excessive absences and/or tardies, obtaining a Parking Permit will be at the Principal’s discretion and a Parking Contract may have to be signed.
- Have a valid Driver’s License. No parking passes will be issued to students with a Learner’s Permit.
- Print and fill out the Parking Permit Application form which is available below. The form will not be accepted without the proper documentation (valid driver’s license, copy of current registration and current proof of insurance) and parental signatures.
- Be in good standing at SHS. All past debts (dues, fees, text books) and current class dues must be paid in advance. Debts need to be paid separately. Please bring exact change and / or check, payable to SHS. Checks will need to have a printed address and phone number (can be added). If dues or fees were paid on line, please bring a receipt for the payment. We do not accept Debit or Credit Cards.
- Parking permits are $75 for the year. The replacement fee is $2.00. Parking permits need to be paid separately. Please bring exact change and / or check, payable to SHS. Checks will need to have a printed address and phone number (can be added). We do not accept Debit or Credit Cards.
- Permit holders may register additional vehicles. Please fill out an Additional Parking Permit Application (available below) for each additional vehicle. The form will not be accepted without the proper documentation (copy of current registration and current proof of insurance) and parental signatures.
The dates / times to purchase parking permits are:
Wednesday, August 15th, 2018:
Seniors and Co-op only: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Thursday, August 16th, 2018:
Seniors, Co-op, and Juniors: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Open House: August 28th, 2018
Students do not have to be physically present to purchase the parking permit. Another student or parent can purchase the pass as long as all the requirements have been met, all dues have been paid, and the Parking Permit Application has been signed.
Sophomores will be eligible to purchase a parking permit after the first day of school, September 4th, 2018.
Students and parents, please park in the bus loop at SHS for these events and enter the school via Entrance #4.
Please call 540-371-7200 if you have questions or need further information.