• teachinspiremotivate

    All colleges/universities must have signed a Stafford County Public Schools Memo of Understanding (SCPS MOU) before submitting a request form. Click here to view list of colleges/universities with Memorandums of Agreement

    The Department of Human Resources will be placing all student teachers and practicum students.  The request form in the box to the right must be completed by the college/university representative.  If you have any questions regarding these placements, please contact Shaunee Lynch, Human Resources at (540) 658-6561 or email her at caldwelllynchsl@staffordschools.net.

    The Department of Students Services will be placing all school counseling, school social worker, school psychologist, nurses, O.T., P.T. and speech pathology students.  The request forms are to be completed by the college/university representatives and are available in the Student Services Clinical Placement box located on the right hand side of this web page.  If you have any questions regarding these placements, please contact Julie Hedrick at (540) 658-6505 or you can email her at hedrickjd@staffordschools.net.




    Welcome to Stafford County Public Schools’ Classroom field/practicum/student teaching and Student Services’ practicum/internships website!  Our goal is to provide each future classroom teacher and Student Services provider the opportunity to work and learn from highly qualified teachers, staff members, and administrators.  Below are some frequently asked questions and answers regarding required paper work and the on-boarding process with SCPS Human Resources Department.

    Question:  “Can I call a school or staff member and set up my own placement?”

    Answer:  No, SCPS only places students at the request of their college/university.  Please contact your field placement office or your professor and have them submit a request form(s) via the online forms found on this webpage for your correct placement type.

    Question: “What should I know about turning in my required on-boarding paper work?”

    Answer:  You must turn in ALL forms in person and at one time to the SCPS Human Resources Department (HR).  If you are missing one or more of the forms, which you will receive in the online orientation presentation, SCPS HR department will not accept any of the paper work you do have completed.  SCPS HR department is located at 31 Stafford Ave., Stafford, VA 22554.  You do not need to make an appointment to turn in your on-boarding paper work and to be fingerprinted.  The office is open 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Monday – Friday.  Summer hours and days may vary, please check our web site for additional information regarding hours of operation from the third week in June to third week in August.  Please allow at least 30 minutes to complete the fingerprint process.

    Question:  “I have already filled out the VA Department of Social Services Central Registry Release of Information Form for my college/university.  Do I need to fill this form out again for SCPS?”

    Answer:  Yes

    Question:  “I have already had a TB test/screening done at my school.  Do I need to have another TB test/screening done for SCPS?”

    Answer:  If you have a current TB test/screening less than one (1) year old, then you do not have to have the test/screening done again.  However, SCPS requires that you supply a copy of the current TB test/screening and submit it to the Human Resources Department at the time you are fingerprinted.

    Question:  “Will I be notified that my background checks have been returned and when can I contact my cooperating administrator/staff member?”

    Answer:  SCPS will notify your college/university, via email, that a cleared background check has been received. 

    Question:  “I am a returning college/university student from the previous year.  Do I need to complete the required paper work and be finger printed again?”

    Answer:  If you are a returning student from the previous school year, you do not need to complete the paper work or be fingerprinted again.  However, you will need to contact Human Resources at the number and/or e-mail above to make sure that your paper work is updated for the new school year.

    Question:  “I was not able to finish my hours by the date that was given by my college/university on the request form.  Can I continue my placement with my cooperating teacher or staff member?”

    Answer:   You may continue your placement only after you have received permission from your college/university.  Your college/university must then contact SCPS and request a continuation of your placement.  

    Question:  “If I have already been assigned to a cooperating teacher or staff member during a semester, and I need another placement during the same semester or for the following semester do I need to have my college/university submit another request form?”

    Answer:  Yes, your college/university needs to submit a request form for each placement you need.

    Question:  “I am a current employee (i.e. classroom teacher, substitute teacher, coach, paraprofessional, nurse, counselor, etc.), do I have to complete the required paper work and be fingerprinted again?”

    Answer:   No, please contact Human Resources at the number and/or e-mail above to confirm that your information is up-to-date.

    Thank you for visiting our new web page!  If you have any questions that have not been covered above, please feel free to contact Human Resources or Students Services at the number(s) and/or e-mail addresses above.

    We look forward to meeting you!

Cooperating Teachers for Student Teaching and Internships

  • educationowls "You can earn license renewal points for mentoring a practicum/student teacher, or counseling practicum/intern student. Look Below for step by step directions on how to receive your license renewal points in MyLearningPlan (MLP). All activities should be requested by completing the option 6 request form in MLP prior to the start of mentoring a practicum/intern/student teacher. If you have questions on how to log into MLP or about the submission of the SCPS Log form please contact Susan Rutherford in the Human Resources Department."

Resources and Forms


    Part-Time, Temporary, and Substitute Employment - Student Teaching, Internships, and Practicum
    Policy 4604
    Regulation 4604-R

    If you are current employee, including substitute and you have already competed all background checks and have been fingerprinted you are not required to do so again.

    Questions regarding field/practicum and student teaching please contact Shaunee Lynch, Human Resources at (540) 658-6561.

    Questions regarding Student Services field/practicum or internships please contact Julie Hedrick, SCPS Coordinator of Student Services Placements, at 540-658-6505.