Homecoming Week and Homecoming Dance 2018
Our Homecoming Week will take place September 17-21, 2018. The dress code will be enforced during Homecoming Week. Please ensure that all costumes meet the Stafford County Public Schools Dress Code Policy.
Our Homecoming Dance will take place on Saturday, September 22, 2018, from 8:00 PM-11:00 PM at our high school. This is semi-formal event. Tickets to the Homecoming Dance are $20.00 and are not covered by class dues. Tickets will only be sold during student lunches on September 17-21, 2018. No Homecoming Dance tickets will be sold at the door of the Homecoming Dance. The theme for the Homecoming Dance is "Havana Nights." Guests who are not North Stafford High School students must complete and submit the Homecoming Dance Guest Form, available in our Downloadable Files section of this Web page. The Homecoming Dance Guest Form must be submitted by Friday, September 21, 2018, to the Main Office no later than 3:30 PM. Student dues and all student debt must be paid in order to attend the Homecoming Dance. Student dues may be paid online or to the Counseling Administrative Assistant between the hours of 7:00 AM-3:00 PM, Monday-Friday. Cash, check, or a money order are accepted. Checks may be made payable to NSHS.
A valid photo ID and the Homecoming Dance ticket are required for entrance to the Homecoming Dance. We will accept a student ID, driver's license, driver's permit, or StudentVUE account displayed on a mobile device.
$75.00 (includes Prom and Senior Picnic)
Homecoming Dance Rules and Regulations
Middle school students and adults over 20 are not allowed to attend the dance.
Proper attire, photo identification, and a Homecoming Dance ticket are required at the door. Our high school students must present their school identification card.
Tickets for the dance are $20.00 per student and must be purchased before attending the Homecoming Dance. Homecoming Dance tickets will not be sold at the door. Cash, Check, or Money Order only, made payable to NSHS.
Homecoming Dance Rules and Regulations
- North Stafford High School policy states that all guests must be under the age of 21 and that middle school students may not attend. All North Stafford students and their guests must complete the guest contract and are required to abide by all school rules and terms of the contract. Anyone exhibiting disruptive behavior will be removed from the dance, parents will be notified, and no refunds will be given. Please note: Prospective guests not attending high school will be approved to attend the Homecoming dance on an individual basis.
- Once you enter homecoming, you must remain in the building until you are ready to leave for the evening. Please make sure that you have cameras, picture forms, picture money, and coats before you enter. You will not be allowed to go to your car and retrieve them once you have entered homecoming.
- When leaving, you must leave North Stafford High School property and may not return. No loitering is allowed in the parking lot. You must leave homecoming with the person that you accompanied.
- Students who do not drive themselves to homecoming must be picked up no later than 15 minutes after the end of homecoming. Students may be denied to attend future dances if their ride is late.
- Any person suspended or expelled from Stafford County School District or any other school district may NOT attend a dance or any other school function.
- Dress requirements may be found listed below or listen to the daily announcements for details. The dress requirements will be enforced at the door. When in doubt, ask.
- All students will wear wrist bands when they enter the dance. Students who dance in an inappropriate manner will have their wrist bands removed. Students who dance in an inappropriate, lewd and lascivious manner such as “freaking” or “grinding” will be asked to leave the dance. They will not receive a refund of the admission fee, nor will they be eligible to attend the next school dance. Rules for inappropriate dancing include, but are not limited to:
- No straddling legs with partner
- No crotch-to-crotch or crotch-to-buttocks
- No touching of breasts, buttocks or genitals
- No “moshing”
- No hands on floor
- No multiple student freak dancing
Inappropriate dancing is up to the discretion of the chaperones and will not be debated!
Parents will be notified if students have been asked to leave the dance.
- For safety reasons dancers need to avoid excessive crowding together in the center of the dance floor.
- Please do not leave valuables unattended.
- Students are to remember that the Stafford County Schools Student Code of Conduct applies to all participants at any after school function, including dances. Failure to comply with the rules may result in the potential loss of after-school activities and events.
Semi-Formal Dress Code for Your Homecoming Dance
Dress standards for young men:
- Dress shirt, dress pants, and tie
- Shirt must remain on and tucked in for entire dance. All head coverings are to be removed when entering NSHS and remain off at the dance.
Dress standards for young women:
- Dresses must be no shorter than fingertip length.
- Full midriffs must be covered.
- The neckline of your dress must not plunge below the bottom of your bra line.
- Backs may not be lower than the natural waistline.
- No see-through material which exposes thighs, excessive cleavage, or midriff.
- Slits may not be higher than fingertip length.
Formal pantsuits may be worn, but if you have any questions please ask.
Homecoming Week - September 17-21, 2018
Homecoming Week will take place September 17-21, 2018. Each day showcases a different theme for our high school to participate in. The dress code will be enforced during Homecoming Week.
The themes for the Homecoming Week will be published on this Web page soon.
Please take note of these highlights from Homecoming Week:
- The first Pep Rally of the school year will be held on Friday, September 21, 2018, in our gymnasium. Students will be called by class to the gym to sit in their assigned section. The Spirit Stick will be awarded at the Pep Rally to the class with the most participation in the spirit day.
- The Tailgate Party will be held on Friday, September 21, 2018, from 5:00 PM-6:30 PM near the stadium. This event is being sponsored by the Senior, Junior, Sophomore, and Freshman Class Officers.
- The Homecoming Game against Massaponax High School will take place on Friday, September 21, 2018, at 7:00 PM. The Homecoming Court will be announced and crowned at half-time.