At this time we are full for the 2021-2022 school year.
If you will still have a preschool aged child for the 2022-2023 school year, please look here again on January 17th for the new application. Thank you so much for your interest in our program.
Our program is only for potty trained 3 and 4 year old children. Your child needs to be 3 on or by September 30th of the year you want to enroll.
Things to consider before applying:
1. Our program begins in September and runs until the end of April or the beginning of May. Exact dates to be determined.
2. We meet on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM. You must provide your child's transportation to and from school.
3. We follow Stafford County Public School's calendar and we may have additional closing due to things happening the school, for example; we close for review and mid-term exams.
4. Our program is supervised by a certified teacher but the preschoolers' main teachers are high school students.
5. There are approximately 28 preschool students and 14-20 high school students in the room at one time. It gets loud and there is a lot going on at once. If your child is extremely sensitive to noise or gets very easily distracted, this may not be the program for them.
6. Attendance and punctuality is extremely important in this program. The high school students rely on the preschoolers being here to complete assignments and to be a part of their small groups. Please know that excessive absences and tardies, not due to illness or special circumstances, will cause your child to be removed from the program and be replaced by a child on the waiting list.
7.The fee for this program is $220 for the year currently, but could be raised for next year by the county.
8.If your child is accepted you will need to pay a $50 non-refundable hold fee within 1 month of acceptance notification or your child's spot will be given to another child on the wait list. The $50 will go towards the $220 total which will be due at the parent orientation in August/September 2021. Exact dates are to be determined.
9. Filling out the application does not guarantee your child a spot in our program. We accept returning students first, siblings of currently enrolled students second, and then we accept based on application order while trying to keep the ratio of males and females and 3 and 4 year olds fairly equal.
I will contact you through e-mail to let you know if your child has been accepted or wait-listed no later than mid April.
The application for the 2022-2023 school year will be available on January 17th at 8AM, here on this webpage.
Thank you for your interest in The Little Wolverine's Den.
-Mrs. Jen Miller
About The Little Wolverine's Den
The Little Wolverine's Den is a preschool program for children that are 3-5 years old and potty trained. We are open from September through May. Our hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM and we follow the SCPS calendar and weather closings/delays. The preschool students are taught by the high school students that have chosen to take this class, applied, and were accepted. The high school students are in charge of doing their own small group lesson plans as well as big group lessons when it is their turn. Mrs. Miller is the high school students' teacher and the director of the LWD. Our program is very unique and provides preschoolers with a smaller teacher to student ratio, 2 teachers (high school students) to every 3-5 preschoolers. We are very proud of the teacher-preschooler bonds that are formed here and the physical, cognitive, social, and emotional growth that we see in our preschoolers every year. In short, The Little Wolverine's Den is the World's Best Preschool in the World's Best High School!
Hi, I am Mrs. Miller. I am the director here at The Little Wolverine's Den. It is my job to teach the high school students enrolled in my class called Early Childhood Education, to be the best preschool teachers they can be. I was born in Fort Belvoir, VA but I have moved a lot because